We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Alone in the Dark has gone GOLD !!

Eudemon

Well reading about you'd be forgiven for thinking this is the most awful game ever to come about, but in fact with myself having been gaming since the Atari 2600 and having played the original Alone in the Dark then games like Resident Evil 1 and 2 and Silent Hill etc, the controls, which is what most people moan about do not bother me and I am actually one of the many few (it makes sense trust me!) who really enjoy this game.

The story is alright, the innovation and thought that's needed to pass some of the puzzles is quite well puzzling but well worth it once you figure it out. The use of your items to make things like bombs, molatov's and of course sticky tape everything is somewhat interesting as it really does mean players will more than likely play the game not all the same.

I might write a review on this game once I'm completed it but so far the ones that say 3 and 5 and even 6 are either not into the Survival Horror genre, don't like it when the game doesn't baby you around by saying go here and do this and lastly, makes it difficult in the combar, no run and gun, you can run, but certainly not gun at the same time if you want to stay alive.

Also you'll read about people going on about the real-time inventory and how it can be fatal when you're in a battle with something and you need to grab something, well to me that's frustrating but fun as sometimes you're so jumpy you pick the wrong thing and then you get killed and you're like "bugger". lol

I'm leaning towards a 7.5/10 personally, and to steal a quote from a user who reviewed the game, Alone in the Dark is a "flawed masterpiece".

For everyone still not sure if you will like it here are some videos that show you what the game is all about. After watching them all if you don't like what you see then you will not like AIND.

WARNING: The following videos contain content not suitable for younger members. Videos contain small spoilers showing different parts of the game.

The first video is a bit of fun to show how times have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttM_GFwhoAw

The second one is the best trailer to show you all about the new game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK-RE_Wbn9Q

The Third is a link to the Phil Harrison Interview in HD talking about what Eden have created.

Click the link and scroll down to interviews look for the Phil Harrison interview and click HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2582.html

Very nice videos Stinger. It does show what AitD is really about.

I just started playing it today with a friend and already we are very impressed both graphically and the style in which the game is. I did get stuck on a few parts but managed to get past them. The graphics are simply stunning and I have managed to get the game running on some quite high settings with a resolution of 1600X1200 which I don't normally get with new games.

I wasn't quite sure what the storyline of the game was about and what type of danger was lurking but it is slowly unravelling itself and is seeming very tricky and well thought out.

It really is a great game although not for the faint hearted and there are many unexpected happenings in the game which only makes it more challenging, for me anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you weren't sure about this game but still thought it looked a decent buy but not £40's worth then Gamestation' sale has it for £25!!

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/product.asp?id=101271498470540

This game is seriously underrated, don't let a bunch of Halo kiddies scare you from trying it yourself, the controls do take getting used to but if you like your Survival then what's £25 for a new game, even less if you trade in something towards it. If you're a FPS junkee though, STAY AWAY! :D

I just hope Eden can forget the reviews and listen to gamers who can't stop playing it. More Episodes? Yes please Mr Eden sir. :)

If the gamers don't show support then we are left with the future of gaming being spoon fed flashy, cartoony, you need to go here and do this levels. :mad:

Hardcore gaming we need more. :thumbsup:

I think if they improve the controls of the character in that it's more smooth and not give into the FPS muppets asking for the left and right stick to control the character as well as give some more weight to the cars and tone up some of the glitches (especially clipping), then they will get more gamers back.

Any of you guys playing the game had the Humanz leap attack you? I have completed the game and was playing through to get the roots when I came across a group of 4 of these guys, killed 3 and had this guy left, shot him with a fire bullet and then as he landed he leap attacked me, scared the bejesus outta me I'll tell you that!

2nk8n50.jpg

c1ag5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

the demo is out, all i can say is WOW

the game is amazing, and although i can see why people complained about the controls, i see it as AMAZING despite them. planning on getting it for the PC, using the 360 controller (games without multiplayer like bioshock are usually better for PC cause they're cheaper to buy in first place :p)

the demo is out, all i can say is WOW

the game is amazing, and although i can see why people complained about the controls, i see it as AMAZING despite them. planning on getting it for the PC, using the 360 controller (games without multiplayer like bioshock are usually better for PC cause they're cheaper to buy in first place :p)

Yay I thought it was just Diablo, S71NG3R and TSS that were the only fans. :)

Basically all the bad reviews are because it's too hard for the reviewers. If you read deep enough all the problems are down to not being able to play the game. :cheeky:

S71NG3R do what I did and play this game without the torch except of course when you need to. Much scarier and the ambient sounds and fire usage becomes much more required and thought provoking. The black ooze is a right pita without it.

Haha nice one I'll give that a try. :)