We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Pagani Zonda Cinque

Baltoman

Hope noone posted this already, If so just delete this thread plz

bilde?Site=CW&Date=20080606&Category=FREE&ArtNo=943142845&Profile=1023&ref=AR&maxw=630

The speed demons/art connoisseurs at Italian dream maker Pagani are at it again, and their latest offering can be summed up in two words: fast and light.

Thanks to carbon-titanium fiber used in construction, the racing-inspired Zonda Cinque weighs just 2,668 pounds--44 pounds lighter than the Pagani F. Power comes from a 678-hp Mercedes-Benz AMG engine, which is paired with a six-speed sequential gearbox. Put it all together and the Cinque is capable of a top speed of 217 mph.

The exterior is distinguished by a long spoiler in the front and a newly-designed rear wing. The cockpit has carbon-fiber racing seats with leather covers and a carbon-fiber steering wheel with paddle shifters. There's also a shifter in the center tunnel.

The Zonda Cinque rides on Pirelli 255/35-19 tires in the front and 335/30-20 in the rear. The wheels are forged aluminum and magnesium.

To stop this monster, Pagani employs Brembo brakes with six-piston calibers up front and four-piston calipers in the back, which combine to bring the Zonda Cinque from 62 mph to a halt in 2.1 seconds.

The Zonda Cinque follows the jaw-dropping Zonda F and Zonda R, which were shown at the Geneva motor show this year and are already sold out, though they aren't in production.

The first Zonda was launched in 1999, weighing 30- to 50-percent less than comparable offerings. Since then the cars have attracted a considerable following, with second-hand F coupes and roadsters going for more double their original stickers.

The Zonda Cinque is likely to fuel that trend even further--its price tag is $1.6 million and Pagani is building only five copies, which are already sold.

link- http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200806061513/FREE/943142845

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TELL ME ITS NOT SO

:eek_blue::eek_blue::bananamad:

haven't you seen the pics of the next Zonda Prototype running round ... already in development

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/01/spy-shots-pagani-zonda-test-mule/

As the article says the body is currently a hacked version of the current car ... if any of you have looked at early proto pics before you'll know this is common practice ... as at this stage they won't have a new shape body in metal/cardon/whatever you want to make it out of ... and also it helps disguise what they're actually running

Supposedly using the V8 from the SLR

Why do Pagini use AMG engines now? I thought they make their own engines.

The first one was certainly a merc engine becouse i can remeber commenting on it becouse when I went out in it it was driven form cold very hard and it can take it, very reliable.

Why do Pagini use AMG engines now? I thought they make their own engines.

As far as I'm aware they've always used Merc motors ... do you realise how much engine development costs !!!!!

far better to use an existing engine for a small company than make your own

done quite a bit in the industry if you look into it ... Toyota lump in the Elise ... Beemer lump going in the Esprit (if they ever launch it) ... Weismann use Beemers ... to name a few