We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Morgan Work Experience

Speedtouch

I did my work experience at my local indoor karting centre where I tested karts and marshalled. I even did a BBC stint as a extra on "Try something different" TV Program.

I got paid £40 and £80 in karting vouchers and I'm getting a job there in about a month.

Nice work experience Speed. Looking forward to hear more.

^ Wow you got awesome work experience! I would love to be paid/get a job for something much more fun than what I am doing.

And Adam, I would be fine with these hours if it was a job, and I was being paid properly. But I'm not. And obviously working at a mainstream dealer/garage is very different to working at Morgan. Its a case of if time runs out, they just stop and finish it in the morning.

Adam: Consider the fact that there aren't many Morgan garages in the UK. And that it is many peoples local MOT garage. And also it is the only racing section of Morgan etc.

Sorry I haven't updated you on Morgan since Wednesday, but I guess I have been pretty busy. In fact very busy.

Thursday was a fairly unimportant and boring day. I spent the morning polishing an MG A, just to clean it up for the customer, but that was reasonably boring. Then I spent a bit of time helping one of the guys out with the MOTs, then spend a short time working on a 4/4. It wasn't very interesting, however Friday was.

Due to many reasons, there weren't many people in the garage on Friday (some had gone on holiday etc), which made it better. I like things when they are quieter and less busy. The day was slightly different in the sense that not much was going on, but I got to it cleaning and polishing cars, which I found surprisingly fun and interesting (probably because I like doing things on my own - knowing what I have to do etc). But then the fun came. A Morgan Aero 8 came in for a simple replacement of a fuel filler cap (it wasn't opening). I'd like to thank the designers now for making it so well hidden and inaccessible.

But after that, because it was my last day, and because the owner wasn't coming back for another 2 hours, we decided to take it for a very short test drive. The car in question had an after market quad exhaust, so really did sound like the apocalypse... My god that thing is fast! And the sense of speed is immense! I thought the Roadster V6 was fast, but this BMW V8 sounded and went so amazingly. We hit 110mph, but don't tell anyone... :p

Also on Friday, I took my camera along. Took a load of pictures, but have only sorted out and uploaded 4 (I went out Friday evening and have only just got back), I will get round to uploading them all soon.

The Aero 8

2616496652_bb3e06c9f8.jpg?v=0

A Roadster which I cleaned

2615690985_25045a78f3.jpg?v=0

The Aero 8 wheel, and lightweight racecar (only 16 of them in the world)

2615669703_6dd486cd1f.jpg?v=0

Aero 8 speedo

2616497084_f4ab4a84fd.jpg?v=0

I really loved the week, and loved working there. So here is my plug, if you ever want a Morgan, go to Brands Hatch Morgans in Borough Green, Kent. :D