We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ok, so i'm joining the army

I have to say, The army isnt exactly going through its best times at the moment is it, would you like to be living in the conditions the Soldiers are going through in Afganistan etc?

Of course its your choice, just not the choice id take.

Now the RAF, or Maybe the Marines id love to join, but i cant be a pilot since im colourblind, not sure about steering a boat :D

Now the RAF, or Maybe the Marines id love to join, but i cant be a pilot since im colourblind, not sure about steering a boat :D

I think you can steer the FailBoat pretty well. :D

PS. To everyone who thinks I'm insulting him, I am not..

I bet you'd love to be in the navy mike ;) seems right up your alley :whistling:

As dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan are, theres always the the 'friendly' fire that the American army is renowned for ;)

I don't think anyway can tell you whether you want to go into the army or not, its completely your choice, dangerous but good money.

I think its the "not the navy bit" that's not understood, not only the navy use boats. The Special Boat Squad are based just up from my boat which is part of the marine, have well nice ribs in there little base thing, huge engines :)

Really? Can you only see black and white or is it a specific colour?

colour blind doesn't mean you see in black and white. It's different for different people, my dad thinks that grass is orange, but that doesn't mean that an orange looks green to him

LMFAO at "can you see black and white"

anyway! right i was talking to ym friends, my ex GF, and some family members, and they all said it's a stupid idea to go, my family don't, but the other do, i have only sent off my app forms ATM, but i'm waiting to hear back from them, it means i have to quit smokiong weed, but that isn't bad, i've quit smoking cigs and drinking for it aswell, i don't wanna join the navy cuz sailors get bummed. basically. and i don't wanna join the RAF because it takes too long to even get up in the air, like 3 years training...no thanks. i wanna join the infantry to see what it's actually like, once you've done it, it's something to say you've seen, done and been there, my friends and finally realised i'll be going, and they have all said they will miss me, and i will miss them aswell...i will miss TDU more (joking :P) i will miss this community aswell, even if i am hardly online anymore...

i just wanna find out what things are like in the army, i wanna do something with myself, not sit around in Nottingham on a public park smoking weed for the rest of my life.

i personally think it's a good choice, and my friends have finally agreed, but 1 person said i'm not allowed to go unless i leave them something to remember me by whilst i'm gone XD

that's my rant over now people, TY for the replies...i'll chat to some of you soon, i'll be back on the forums later on, seeing if anything new's buzzing! :D

Mike x