We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modding Cars

Speedtouch

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'll start with the positives, nice images, nice cars and nicely done.

Negatives: the grilles ust look as if they don't belong, and on the other it doesnt look coupe ish, the roofline is too high and theres too much space, plus the bar from the rear window is still there, and the rear of it looks strange without a reg, would look better with than without imo, could you post the original pic please?

• 1 month later...
Can anyone modify the Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

Its rear windows have this weird "dip" can anyone smoothen it out?

-snip

do u mean the tiny window were the back seats are?

if so send me a pm with the pic high res version and ill do it no problem

A few years ago...the last time in 2007 i was "modding" cars with photoshop too...

i completed a schooling in photoshopping cars with level 5, which was at that time the highest reachable level.

I want to share some fakes i did back then with you, and want to know your opinion about them...

Note: I did them originally! No fake.

First one i want to share:

Original

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/EyeKatcher/Fakes/VW_Fox_4.jpg

"Fake" Modded Version

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/EyeKatcher/Fakes/VW_Fox_4Kopie3.jpg

pls comment =)

okay...well i dont know if im making myself many freinds when im c&c-ing on other peoples stuff like i did back when i did that....but:

first of all i have to admit that the "stock" pic is a already "faked" one...

there is a detail most of you are forgetting about...and thats the shadow the front tire has when its turned in like in your pic.

...arrrgh let me show you^^

*Here will be the pic where i try to show you the shadows*

also the color of the rims in your versions have too much saturation, so it looks a little bit unnatural...try to gear to the color of the brake behind the front tire

-> the same for the banner between the wheels, too much saturation.

and one thing is a "eyecatcher" ( =) ): the complete front of the golf seems deferred...i dont know if you tried something like a "chop" or so^^

BUT

i think its a good one though, because its not that OVERtuned....restrained but not too flashy.

Remeber: English is not my mother tongue, so if i said something that seemed "personal" or whatever that is bad or hurting...i dont meant it, i just wanted to express my opinion about the work..nothing else.

I completely understood you and thank you for the long comment. :) I will de-sature the rims' lips and the stripe as soon as possible and sature the brake caliper more. :) And yes, I did chopped the lights, I think it looks quite agressive now. :p

Look..mine still has this "eye brow" but isn that deferred...

I tried to "copy" your pic so you can compare our two...

only thing i did more was to extend the hood so it looks more agressive.

I circled the positions where you have to take care of the shadows...logically the parts were some thing is "over" the other part

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/EyeKatcher/Fakes/test.gif

I know that its 7 kb over the limits but pleeease dont remove the pic...

Mod Edit: Please don't post images above 800x640 & 350kb in size. Also, Please do not post animated .gifs. Thanks

My Edit: Dont know why animated gifs are forbidden...just wanted to help another person. But its OK if that are the Rules.

Ah, thank you, I understand what you mean. :) I think I'll leave the hood as it is, like it's joiened with the grill, I know not realistic but looks meaner that way imo. As for the rim, I'll do that. :) And here's an edited version with the stripe and rims a bit de-saturated.

2096r08.jpg

I know you've gone for the minimalist look, but i don't think its worked, the car looks unrealistic and well, it's very obviously photoshopped.

The proportions of the bumper make the car looks a bit odd, and the GTI on the side stripe is badly done, it needs to be skewed as it's not at angle it should be at.

On to the positives, the rims are great, the front lights are better than the normal ones, the choice of car is good too :)

I know you've gone for the minimalist look, but i don't think its worked, the car looks unrealistic and well, it's very obviously photoshopped.

The proportions of the bumper make the car looks a bit odd, and the GTI on the side stripe is badly done, it needs to be skewed as it's not at angle it should be at.

On to the positives, the rims are great, the front lights are better than the normal ones, the choice of car is good too :)

Well, tbh realism isn't what I was hopping for in that mod. :p As for the stripe, you mean I shoud lower the left part a bit, so it's in one line as the right? And what do you mean "The proportions of the bumper make the car looks a bit odd"? I really don't understand that, is it too big or is it too much perespective on it? :)