We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modding Cars

Speedtouch

It's floating. :lol: Gravity doesn't appear to have any effect on it.

I like the front bumper, although the numberplate doesn't look right (bad positioning). The back rim should be rotated clockwise a bit and be smaller in width. The windshield looks messy.

I like it, not much done and some small flaws but overal a good result for a simple makeover.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not floating, the wheels are clearly touching the ground, it's the very weird angle of the car (which suits the weird angle of the car on the stock) and the weird angle of the photo which makes it look like it's floating.

As for the Rear wheel, i disagree, looks completely fine to me. As for the numberplate i agree there, it was a last minute addition, it doesn't look that bad, just needs moving a bit to the left. And for the windscreen, that's also mainly because of a reflection, although yeah it isn't perfect.

It's not floating, the wheels are clearly touching the ground, it's the very weird angle of the car (which suits the weird angle of the car on the stock) and the weird angle of the photo which makes it look like it's floating.

No no no no.. They mean that the road is moving but the wheels aren't xD

Ah, and another thing I noticed - the back wheel. Part of the R8 Spyder's wheel is still visible at the bottom, that's why it looks like there's no contact with the ground.

Good Spot there, i have my screen brightness turned down, so i can't see things like that unless i literally headbutt the screen :p

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse for me, too. I work on my 18" tube screen on my PC and it's old, so it's very dark. Then, when I copy my work on here (HP Pavilion DV5), it's all so bright and some flaws that I missed are visible, so I clean them.

You can try using Radial Blur for the wheels (around 30-40) and motion blur for the car (around 5-10) so that it looks natural on this background. :)

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse for me, too. I work on my 18" tube screen on my PC and it's old, so it's very dark. Then, when I copy my work on here (HP Pavilion DV5), it's all so bright and some flaws that I missed are visible, so I clean them.

You can try using Radial Blur for the wheels (around 30-40) and motion blur for the car (around 5-10) so that it looks natural on this background. :)

It's not that my Laptop can't be bright, it's just that my room is always pretty dark so my laptop will blind me.

And thanks for the tip, it's not that i don't know how to do it, i just didn't have the time to do it.

The rim is properly placed, thing is it has too many reflections as it's chromed which gives a confusing look but trust me, those are the best rims for this car and I've been searching a lot. :p The bumper had to be re-transformed for proper fitting, the central side of it wasn't matching with the bonnet lines and I had to strech it to give it more of a natural look. It was worse, trust me on this one. :lol: I honestly can't remember where I've taken the cooler of, it was something heavily tuned though.

Thanks for the comment, come again. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Focus: Not bad, the paint is a bit messy, looks unrealistic in places, and the door/bonnet lines are there in some places, and missing elsewhere. The front wheel arch is a bit messy also, doesn't look quite "right" if you get me. I think i prefer the original to be honest, it's pretty ricer, but still, good work :)

Camaro: I love it, the colour looks great, as does the body kit and wheels, probably one of my favourite mods you've done.

About the Focus, yes, that was noticed by almost all of the people who commented it. While painting, I messed it up and it turned out matte and very opaquie.

Thanks for the Camaro, that's probably the best comment I've ever recieved from you. :thumbsup: I did love the colour aswell, it wasn't meant to be pink but after testing it, I just loved it. This is the first mod I put reflections on. As you can see on the window and the side. Also, one of my first good attempts at vents.

Thanks, Mike. :)