We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PS3 SIXAXIS Axed

Nodz86

Old news probably but for those of you who don't know the original SIXAXIS PS3 controller has finally stopped production and the DUALSHOCK 3 has now taken over.

For those of you who don't know why the dualshock was not released when the PS3 was heres why. Basically Sony did not own the rights to the Dualshock name as it was made by a company outside of Sony. Now after a long legal battle Sony have now released the dualshock 3 worldwide.

Heres some vids I stumbled across of reviews and other info on the new controller. Not all games are compatable but MGS is one that is compatable.

http://www.dualshock3rumble.com/

The Dualshock 3 has only been available worldwide since the beginning of June and the original SIXAXIS production stopped in April.

Dualshock is owned by Sony, it is a trademarked name, however the technology that made up the rumble feature of Dualshock controllers was patented and thus owned by another company, Sony went to court and ended up settling with the company and this is now why we have Rumble and Force Feedback on the PS3.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that Sony might actually have come up with a new design of controller. LOL

Instead that just added another piece of old technology into they're out of date design.

Still I guess it works, so they must be following the old rule of:

'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' :)

Dualshock is owned by Sony, it is a trademarked name, however the technology that made up the rumble feature of Dualshock controllers was patented and thus owned by another company, Sony went to court and ended up settling with the company and this is now why we have Rumble and Force Feedback on the PS3.

Thats it, in knew it was something along those lines.