We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 : Valencia Grand Prix

Iced_Bullet

So this track was purposely made for high octane action. I think the €70mil was well spent. :oook:

And they have the cheek to say Silverstone is out of date.

Then there is all the fuss from the Ferrari Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA).

ITV-F1.com

Ferrari fined but Massa keeps victory

Felipe Massa has been allowed to keep his European Grand Prix victory after the stewards investigated his near-collision in the pits with Adrian Sutil.

The incident occurred on lap 37 as Massa and Sutil left the pits following their second stops.

Massa was released from his pit bay into Sutil’s path as the German driver accelerated down the pit lane, but contact was averted.

The Ferrari driver’s win was initially in doubt pending the outcome of the post-race investigation, but although the stewards deemed that, although he had been released from the pits in an unsafe manner, he had gained "no sporting advantage".

So in the GP2 race the drive through penalty was wrongly given for a unsafe pit box exit. :confused:

The lollipop man will no doubt have been sacked by now... he let Massa out to early and didn't even do his jib when Raikonnen pitted causing a nasty injury to one of the pit crew.

I remember a similar incident with Hamilton earlier this season and he got docked 10 grid places for it. Drivers need to take responsibility for their own actions, especially those form Ferrari, who seem to get away with everything.

Track was one of the worst I've ever seen, and I really hope it won't be on the calendar ever again. It produced such a boring race.

Only $10,000? Geez, didn't Lewis get fined $5000 for being 2 minutes late to the driver's meeting?

The pace of the Ferrari car is...surprising. Unfortunately, it makes the race quite dull. I nearly fell asleep watching Hungary, and same for Valencia. There wasn't any fight for first because Massa was just so far ahead.

But Ferrari drama in the pit lane kept things mildy interesting. I don't know why they just don't go back to the good ol' lollipop man. That's a time tested technique. And even if this new system saves .2 seconds, is it really worth putting your pit crew and car in danger?

I don't know why they just don't go back to the good ol' lollipop man. That's a time tested technique. And even if this new system saves .2 seconds, is it really worth putting your pit crew and car in danger?

I didn't know they just weren't using the lollipop man? Which dumb idiot made that decision