We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound Modding

me™

Right. I'm looking for a programme which can save modified sound files in the original file's exact format.

What I'm trying to do is to cut the size of a file so that it fits into the bnk file without the bnk editor cutting the sound, causing it to crackle and bleep in game.

I have a sound which works perfectly on a loop when I cut the length in half, but I can't get either Audacity or Wavepad to save the wav file in the same format as the default. The default is 177kbps, while audacity keeps saving it at over 700, and when I use Wavepad, I can get it small enough, but it just goes silent in TDU.

HELP!

My project is the Dodge Charger. I've got the low / mid rev sounds from the modded Saleen S7 sounds on fine, along with the idling, and high revs off sounds from the Mustang GTR sound mod. All I've got a problem with is the high rev on sound from the Mustang GTR mod.

Hi,

Format for TDU's wav is the following :

MS ADPCM 44100Hz 4 bits mono

On the other hand, make sure that your sample length (in time) is less or equal than the original one. Otherwise, TDU will cut it (noticeable with horns); and this has nothing to do with the BNK Editor cutting/filling. Sample lengths are likely to be stored in the .xmb file.

Well, can anybody suggest a good hosting site then?

I've got 4 mods done now:

Dodge Charger Super Bee

Shelby GT500

AC 289

Nissan Skyline GTR

For the Skyline I chopped up the 350Z sounds and stuck them on, it's hilarious, sounds properly chavved up.:lol:

• 1 year later...