We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Two (potentially three) Zmodeler Problems

Leadfoot[YT]

First Problem:

Exported .3dg files, even if they are just imported, with nothing changed, are 0 kb (I don't know if that is the correct abbreviation, but I do know that that is a common problem.)

Second Problem:

When exporting files (that end up being 0kb), ZModeler only exports .3dg files, no .2db or .3dd. Is this because the .3dg file is corrupt?

Third Problem:

Using Basbas's "Spoiler Package", do I need to texture the spoilers or hood scopes (will the car become pink and purple without it?).

Thank you, any help would be appreciated! :)

-Leadfoot

For 1 & 2, as djey said, there are problems with the textures. My Zmod does not show what the problems are though. I've found it's normally with the lights.

For lights (there are 4, lgt_rl, lgt_fr, ect), make sure the textures are in this order:

1. lgt_r_off.2db (current, texture, current, modulate, uv1, clamp, clamp, wrap)

2. cubemap.2db (current, texture, constcolor, multiplyadd, autosphere, clamp, clamp, wrap) adjust the constcolor slider to make it look right in game

3. lgt_r_g.2db (current, texture, current, selectarg2, uv1, clamp, clamp, wrap) make sure the box next to this is unchecked before you export (don't know if it's important, but mine are always unchecked). This is a rbg texture that is used for when the lights come on.

4. lgt_r_on.2db (current, texture, current, add, uv1, clamp, clamp, wrap)

There is also a ws_lgt_r.2db that I think is second in line, but I don't use it. I think the properties for this is (current, texture, current, dontproduct3, uv1, clamp, clamp, wrap)

Replace the _r_ with _f_ for the front.

• 3 weeks later...