We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW Limit Entrant Number Amount?

Iced_Bullet

Should PotW be limited?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should PotW be limited?

• No, don't limit it [Or select for Above 50]
    • 10?
    • 15?
    • 20?
    • 25?
    • 30?
    • 35?
    • 40?
    • 45?
    • 50? [Default Poll Maximum Number]

Speed is at college, I'm bored and before I forget and before I leave for my D of E trip and before the next one goes underway I created this ... should the next and upcoming PotW's have a limited number?

Rather than listing every number from 1 - 50, I've rounded :D

Vote for the number you see fit :) (If at all)

E: If you can come up with another solution like this, then please do (or if you agree with a previous one, say!):

Me:

Somehow I don't think that would work xD You could say ... have a big poll (unlimited) for 3 days, then the top 10/15 (whatever) go through to the final round for the remaining 4 days ... perhaps ...

Guest RB26DETT

we did the filtering system on another forum and those who weren't selected had no hard feelings that they weren't a part of the voting. (i wasn't selected)

Guest RB26DETT

oooh. i realized something. with the recent mahooosive number of participants entering. 10-20 entires won't take much time to fill up. so we can start voting immediately like the next day after all slots are taken up.

NO!!!! Please don't limit it... The more entrants there are, the better the POTW competition is. If the POTW gets limited, then it will turn into more of a "quick, I need to post something before all the slots are taken" race than a photo quality contest. I think it's fine as it is.

Voted for 50 simply because I don't mind posting that many if that's how many entrants there is.

Didn't vote for the first choice because no doubt next week we'll have like 200 entrants and I'll have agreed to post them all Lol.

Btw, thanks for making this Iced, Totally forgot about it :p

NO!!!! Please don't limit it... The more entrants there are, the better the POTW competition is. If the POTW gets limited, then it will turn into more of a "quick, I need to post something before all the slots are taken" race than a photo quality contest. I think it's fine as it is.

+1. Making PoTW into a race to post first would just ruin it all together IMHO.

I say 10 entrants and who ever selects the topic (in want of a better word) should be the one to choose the final 10 ,then them 10 go to a public vote, a bit like xfactor really

Might do this actually, sounds like a great idea :) Maybe also add that the winner can't enter there own theme, to eliminate bias.

Might do this actually, sounds like a great idea :) Maybe also add that the winner can't enter there own theme, to eliminate bias.

Thats another good Idea aswell, then they can't put themselves in the final.

i rekon dont limit it because it gives every one a chance at entering it

THats why I like my suggestion so everyone can still enter but so you still have a chance to get into the final 10