We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW Limit Entrant Number Amount?

Iced_Bullet

Should PotW be limited?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should PotW be limited?

• No, don't limit it [Or select for Above 50]
    • 10?
    • 15?
    • 20?
    • 25?
    • 30?
    • 35?
    • 40?
    • 45?
    • 50? [Default Poll Maximum Number]

+1. Making PoTW into a race to post first would just ruin it all together IMHO.

Very true, you guys are gonna ruin POTW if you add a limit to it. It won't be fair, I normally take my time in taking a picture so I'm always the 20th+ person to enter.

@Twm: Why are you so selfish?

Crappy pictures? THATS YOUR OPINION.

You can't just limit POTW because you think most piccys are crappy. I personally think most of them are good so you can't say that it's true. What if 10 people enters before you? You'll won't be able to post because theres no entries left. You think you're all good and all with the pictures, good for you but theres ppl with worser graphic cards here but they enter anyways just for fun and hope they avoid selfish ppl like you to call their piccy: crappy.

Don't limit POTW as each week there can be 45 entries or 20. POTW IS FOR FUN AND NOT A RACE.

NO!!!! Please don't limit it... The more entrants there are, the better the POTW competition is. If the POTW gets limited, then it will turn into more of a "quick, I need to post something before all the slots are taken" race than a photo quality contest. I think it's fine as it is.

AGREED

Very true, you guys are gonna ruin POTW if you add a limit to it. It won't be fair, I normally take my time in taking a picture so I'm always the 20th+ person to enter.

You can't just limit POTW because you think most piccys are crappy. I personally think most of them are good so you can't say that it's true. What if 10 people enters before you? You'll won't be able to post because theres no entries left. You think you're all good and all with the pictures, good for you but theres ppl with worser graphic cards here but they enter anyways just for fun and hope they avoid selfish ppl like you to call their piccy: crappy.

Don't limit POTW as each week there can be 45 entries or 20. POTW IS FOR FUN AND NOT A RACE.

+1 !!

You can't just limit POTW because you think most piccys are crappy. I personally think most of them are good so you can't say that it's true.

To stoop to you is painful but;

"I personally think a lot of them are [OPINION]below par[/OPINION]so you can't say that it's true."

Giving 10 people the opportunity to compete with myself not occupying a single spot is selfish... Ok.

You started by saying it was my opinion then changed into me saying it was "truth". At no point do I recall stating my opinion as fact. Do not misrepresent me in order to better your argument.

Baltospam, this is why it's a Vote. So the most popular idea wins.

Who do you think you are Twm? Mr. I am the best guy in POTW? Really, You think your the best member that posts the best picture? You don't even participate in POTWs so why do you even care?

*sigh* I resign you do not listen. Again, totally off. The purpose of this thread was to get opinions and build ideas Balto. Clearly you missed that. You don't share my opinion and I don't expect you to. Hate my idea? Suggest a better one, then you can critisise.

Shut up both of you.

Yea. Done.

*sigh* I resign you do not listen. Again, totally off. The purpose of this thread was to get opinions and build ideas Balto. Clearly you missed that. You don't share my opinion and I don't expect you to. Hate my idea? Suggest a better one, then you can critisise.

Yea. Done.

Whatever. I'll just do a favor for Diablo and get back to my corner. I'll get back on eating some popcorn and drinking some coke.

Right back on topic

Heres my Idea (with some input from speed):

Winner from previous week chooses topic/subject, but CAN'T eneer.

After the closing date the winner deceides what pictures will be in the final 10 for public vote (was thinking this could be raised to 15 depending on entrants as 30+ down to ten could be difficault).

Then after public vote closes it starts again.

A few things I was also thinking of was:

If you make the final 10 3 weeks in a row you can't enter the 4th week so then we don't keep getting the same people in the final (this is not to punish skill but more to give others a chance) but by all means you can create something for that week to show, it just wont be entered.

Also need to find a way of making sure people dont put people in the final on friendships or bribes.

And just had another thought (due to the above problem), how about we have a judging panel, that way the winners can still enter as they cannot choose. The downside to this is that the people in the panel could not enter and would have to be neutral in their desicions (no biast).

What do you guys think of these additional I ideas?? and the original??

Don't forget about timezones too... If the POTW gets limited, then it will be unfair for people who live in America, because by the time they wake up all the slots will be taken by Europeans/Aussies. I myself live in Europe, but come on. This contest needs to be fair for everyone.

no. The POTW never fills up instantly. everyone will have a fair amount of time to enter. i have never seen a POTW fill up so quickly that everyone hasn't had a chance to atleast see the topic.

ENTRY CLOSED!

Yes, I know it's only Monday, and it's only been up for 24 hours or so, but 30 entrants means we have no more space, sorry ;)

This is what happened when the theme was Lamborghini and the limit was 30. 24 hours may seem like a long time, but if you have other priorities then you may not be able to enter. If the limit was less than this, then imagine how quickly that could fill. Some people suggested 15, but if we take this example, that would only give people 12 hours to enter. How many people check the forum and have time to go on TDU every 12 hours? If you don't then you could miss out, and I don't want that to happen.