We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Turkey Twizzlers?

TDU 505

Alright guys for Geography we watched Jamie's School Kitchen (or something like that) and it showed British schools serving chips with pizzas, chips with fish fingers and basically everything processed and fried. They especially placed enphasis on how "Turkey Twizzlers" were a big hit which they said didnt contail ANY turkey at all.

Sooo seeing that most of you guys (practically all) are schooled in Britain, is that the case?

not any more really i'd say. most councils saw the shows and thought they were gonna make a difference so they got rid of ALL the crap. before that it was more or less the case though. seemed like that in the days of primary school

Yer my old school served all that (Don't think turkey twizzlers, but that kinda stuff) , then they said they we're going healthy, but all they did was get rid of it all and not replace it, was rubbish afterwards. They sold a couple of over priced sandwiches and an apple and that was about it. Funnily enough people stopped eating there :)

If they did a selection of fresh pasta dishes and curry's ect. it would work like my college does now (though its still too expensive) it works, people eat healthy but if you expect people to eat something that looks like its come out of the chefs rear and then look confused when people don't buy it.

It can't be that difficult to make simple food on a large scale surly? I'm quite sure its all down to the schools giving catering to outside companys, these are there just to make money, do everything centrally and ship it out so its not fresh, and only sell things that last a long time and kids will eat / buy, turkey twizzlers.

My school has a really good catering company. I had them at my Primary school too. Sure they have Fish and Chips on Friday, but thats as far as they go. It used to be MUCH worse in worse schools, but I've been lucky not to be exposed too much to that. The old company we had did have Turkey Twizzlers and all that, but they were only there for a year during my time, so I don't really remember.