We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1: Interlagos - Brazilian Grand Prix '08

Iced_Bullet

Wow! What a race! I was watching it live, and the last 2 laps were killing me! But my man Lewis pulled through!

And this "Lewis cheated stuff" is crap. Timo was on dries, and his tires were rapidly degrading, and just couldn't hold out in the wet.

This is racing, my friends. There will be winners and there will be losers. If you can't accept that, find something else to watch.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a race ... I haven't been drawn in so much in quite a few years.

What an end to the race, I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat ... and then when the finish happened I did actually shed a little tear ?!?!? (of joy, for Lewis winning the championship)

Firstly congrats to Massa on such a clean and perfect race, he couldn't have done any more, also he's come on leaps and bounds this season and I for one am surprised that he's ouut performed Kimi time and again. I think Ferrari lost him the championship though through reliability and a few pit-stop cock-ups.

But well done Lewis and McLaren ... Lewis was damn lucky that Glock had no traction in those last few bends ... but then Toyota should have pitted him for new tyres so he wouldn't have been there in the first place anyway.

As to the celebrations I thought it was great that a 'superstar' like Nicole was bundling through the crowd just like anyone to see Lewis ... I think he might have got some last night ... well unless he had too much champagne ... then again McLaren may still be drinking champagne while I am writing this!

But it would have been nice if the crowd didn't Boo Lewis as much ... OK it was Massa's home GP and Massa was up for the title, but the crowds reaction made the Alonso fans at the Spanish GP look small time. But perhaps that's the latin spirit for you ... I just don't remember it in Senna's day.

And finally ... well almost ... Goodbye DC ... a true gentleman, joker and sportsman who'll be missed ... although I think he might be back at RB or STR as an advisor.

So ... Roll on next season with COMPLETELY new cars ... a whole new ball game !

After the race I kept checking the news just in case the FIA decided to interfere but thankfully they haven't. Congrats to Lewis, he deserved the championship and he's only in his second season! Not sure he's the best driver just yet, but he's well on his way.

Congrats to Massa too. He did everything he had to and nearly pulled it off and I really felt for him standing on the podium, i'm no Ferrari fan but it was impossible not to feel a bit sorry for him.

What a finish to a very exciting season, I can't remember a more controversial or dramatic year in recent memory. At the end of the race I couldn't help imagining what Max Mosley was feeling, I bet he was nearly crying in his dungeon........er I mean house

If Piquet was still in the race, no way that Hamilton became 5th :p

More than likely. =]

piquet was way back down in the race

No, he crashed out in the 2nd corner with Coulthard.

Didn't Piquet and Coulthard crash at the very beginning of the race?

Yep.

Hamilton lost accordingly at Spa. Enough said.

But, let's focus on what is truly important: Ferrari claimed their 16th constructors' Championship.

Now, if only Ferrari could get Michael Schumacher back to put Lewis Hamilton in his place (that place being 4th, right behind Schumacher, Alonso, and Massa). :thumbsup:

And Vettel. :p

No Coulthard crashed with Nakajima. I think Piquet's one was unrelated

Coulthard was taken out by some shocking driving and as a result hit other cars.

Hamilton lost accordingly at Spa. Enough said.

But, let's focus on what is truly important: Ferrari claimed their 16th constructors' Championship.

Now, if only Ferrari could get Michael Schumacher back to put Lewis Hamilton in his place (that place being 4th, right behind Schumacher, Alonso, and Massa).

I bet you support Manchester United too eh?:rolleyes: