We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Prompts for update even though TDU is at 1.66A

xixiqiqi

Hi guys.

I have a problem,I can't play online. I have patched TDU to 1.66A,but it still prompts to update.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/magelogy93/tdu_394903421468.jpg

I have two installation paths,one in C: and one in O: . I have delete Every single trace of TDU inside Drive C: because they were installed last year.

I have deleted:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited

Before this I had a problem with launching the game. But this was resolved as securom sent me another exe which worked. On the new exe,it stats that the ver. is MC 1.66A, which is updated also!

I have tried:

Reinstalling the game

Making sure all registry for TDU is correct.

Is there any solutions out there? I've read all stickies on this particular forum that can shed some light on this case,but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

sys spec:

e6850

4870x2

500gb HDD (O: )

160gb HDD(C: )

2gb ddr3 ram

Yeoyeo ^^

Clicking on the yes button,my TDU Alt Tab's and opens Mozilla to go to http://www.none.com

edit:

I was browsing on Atari forums for the solution above,this is what they say

If you get the message you need an update to play and are redirected to http://none.com then chances are you are playing an illegal/no-dvd version of the game. If you knew you had one then completely get rid of it from your system and install and play from the original disk only. If you have only ever played from what you think is the original disk then return the copy to your retailer.

Don't expect much support if you've used an illegal version!

OMG!!!! wtf is this.. I bought a full retail copy of this game. DVD case cover,manuals yadayada. Even got the Sticker 'security device enclosed' which i still kept. Bought this game from Tec-drome in sim lim square singapore. Quite a reputable shop for games.. Possible to return the game even though the reciept is dated last year 2007?

At anytime did you guys have a non-legit version on your PC prior to buying your actual copies? Also note that Daemon Tools and other Virtual Drives software will be picked up and will also result in the game sometimes not running.

friend intro me this game and i bought the retail one straight away..virtual drives are all disabled

i know how you solve it!

i got this from Andreaz1 when i had the prob.

1. Uninstall the game

2. Reinstall The game

3. Install patch before starting the game!!!!!!!

4. Play!!

i hope this works! it is horrible not to play TDU

thanks for the tip,tried it but it didnt work.. thanks anyway;)

thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled all emulation drives and deleted the registry keys for them,didnt work.

I tried using the original 1.66a exe to launch the game but i got a securom error.

I bought this game in a retail shop in a modern shopping centre..reciept to proof too..Of course I am using the DVD,I do not have time to find and download no-dvd cracks

link to error:http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7001

this is the same error that occured when i first bought the game. Subsequently securom sent me a new exe. This new exe is 1mb bigger then the original,but I was able to launch the game.

It's like this.

1.First I launch using original 1.66a exe -> Cannot launch game,gives (7001) error.

2.Contacted securom

3.Launched using the 1.66a exe securom sent me -> Can launch game,but cannot play online(prompts for update to play online even though it is updated)

4.Contacted Securom,said not their problem and direct me to atari

5.Contacted Atari,no reply(five days already)

This is really unbelivable..It's like as though I buy a pet without it's head,even though it is suppose to be included..

Thanks again for helping