We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nissan 370z

gt0713

Hi everyone first of all, ive been here for a while but never posted :P Soo... thats why I start off by giving off a friendly hello. :P

:thumbsup:

Anyways... getting straight to the point.

Anyone interested in making the new Nissan 370z?

332hp, 270lbs/tq

0-60mph ~ 4.5 - 4.8.

Top speed ~ 175mph (280km/h) - 186mph (300km/h)

me-laas-nissan-cube-370z-15.jpg&w=800

me-laas-nissan-cube-370z-22.jpg&w=-80&w=800

me-laas-nissan-cube-370z-26.jpg&w=-80&w=800

I think its a good looking car...

NFS:Undercover brought it into the gaming realm.

already being sold and presently arrived to the US for show, to be sold in 2009 in the US. sooo.... whos interested :D

regards,

gt0713 :)

ModMod Edit: -Removed 1024px Image Previews- Please use the new image guidelines and sizes information [here]

Yeah, I think Nissan put on the poker face for this one. It's suppose to be a direct rival for the Porsche Cayman S and I don't doubt that its faster than the legendary e46 BMW m3, even with the SMG transmition. The 370z is suppose to be around 300lbs lighter than the 350z, it's a couple of inches shorter and 50/50 weight ratio.

nice! tool831. hahaha, :) Simply awesome.

Thanks for changing image size iced. :)

You know, the reason I say that the 370z would beat the e46 m3 is because the 370z is lighter than the e46 m3, has more torque and it has 1hp less... (than the US model) so... this means that it should be faster. Don't get me wrong I love the e46 m3. I've driven some and my family had the opportunity to own one, so I know what the m3s potential is. But its simple logic... less weight, shorter in size, practically same hp, plus more torque; this simply makes the car faster... Remember the new auto/manual 7 speed gearbox with f1 paddle shifters comes from the new GTR, so gear ratio-wize its pretty good too, and Nissan integrated a new manual gear box as well, known as the "rev matching manual transmition".

Lol, apparently not. I just saw a test drive of the 370z from Edmunds. Its does 0-60: in 5.1 seconds and 4.9 seconds if properly done. The e46 m3 coupe still does it in 4.8 seconds properly lunched. I think the 370z and e46 m3 smg are direct competitors now... It took Nissan a while, but they got there.

Good news for Nissan's brand new 370z guys, Motortrend did a test drive together with a review on this car and they achieved 0-60mph in 4.7s and 1/4 mile in 13.3s at 105.7mph (170.1km/h); together with a top speed around 173.98mph (280km/h) maybe a bit more. The e46 BMW m3 is claimed to do 0-60mph in between 4.5 - 4.8s and 1/4 mile in 13.3s at 104mph (167.4km/h); together with a delimited top speed around 176mph (283.24km/h) but limited to 155mph (249.45km/h). So as I initially suspected, the 370z might be a bit faster than the e46 m3 or in direct competition.

Those where the performance numbers, but as for the MPG fuel consumption, we find the e46 m3 is doing around: 16mpg (city) and 24mpg (highway) and the Nissan 370z doing around: 18mpg (city) and 26mpg (highway).

As for purchase cost, you could get a used 2001 - 2006 e46 BMW m3 in between: $25,000 - $35,000, and the 2009+ Nissan 370z is suppose to be sold at around and start at the price of $29,000 brand new. The Nissan would most probably be cheaper to maintain than the BMW because of its brand and quantity of parts, but on the other hand the BMW has room for 4 people and the Nissan has room for 2...

SO... This is my mini review and comparison of both cars, you guys decide which one to take or like better than the other. :P :D

BMW M3 E46: d6ztmlwkucjrlr103ph_thumb.jpg Nissan 370z: 2t3khbt7wxahfae800j_thumb.jpg

p.s. I did this comparison for the simple reason that I love both cars and don't know which one to choose and since they had similar numbers I had to do a comparison to find a "better" choice, but at the end I just might go for a Chevrolet Corvette C6, which would outperform both in every way and number, even mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Hyundai did do a good job with this one... 306hp v6, with RWD. I think its price is around 30k in US dollars, Its not bad. But the 370z is around same price and it is about a whole second faster 0-60. But this car I think it has room for passengers at back, not sure... You could choose this car if you like the bmw 3 series but you cant afford it, or if you like the Tiburon but its engine doesn't quite do it for you. Then again, you also have the Honda Accord coupe, Nissan Altima Coupe and the Infinity g37 coupe (which has the same engine as the 370z.) But the 370z is lighter and a little tweaked to make a bit more...