We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GREAT NEWS!

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT

The Dacia Sandero is almost here! :thumbsup:

0-14043-capital6516.jpg

Awesome car, isn't it? ;)

Just Kidding. :p

Folks! Be prepared! Justin is coming back to the island of Oahu! That's right! My Toshiba Satellite will be no more in a couple months time. My sister and father saw how fed up I am with the Toshiba while doing my coursework, mainly doing graphic layouts, video editing and the like. So we talked over it today at lunch and I am getting a... *drum roll* MAC! :thumbsup: Sorry Bill, I need Steve more.

My entire family agrees that I need a MAC and I don't mind. I can install Bootcamp to dual boot Vista with and play games. :) Now, it's a matter of which MAC I should get. I'm not going to settle for a normal Macbook because I'll be having 3D rendering courses soon and the to be honest, the 2400 Pro won't be up to the task. So it's either a Macbook Pro, an iMac G5 with the E8400 @ 3.06 ghz, 4gb RAM and 8800GS or what I really want, THE PSYSTAR!

http://store.psystar.com/featured/openpro-osx.html

It's a custom computer that can run OSX Leopard! And, it's LEGAL! For now...:oook:

My Ideal Specs for the Psystar build:

19" Widescreen Monitor

E8500 @ 3.16ghz

4gb DDR2 800 RAM

750gb HDD 72,000 RPM

20x DVD R RW Optical Drive

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512mb

Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse

3 Port Firewire 400

Built in 802.11 adapter

Bluetooth Adapter

and one year warranty

Total cost: $ 1,791.99 which is still cheaper than the Macbook Pro and the top of the line iMac G5! :thumbsup:

Now my sister tells me she knows a distributor selling Apple Desktops and Laptops for way cheap! The problem is, I don't know if they're selling the latest ones. They're selling them for almost half the price! I haven't gotten in touch with her distributor so I'm looking out for that.

ANYWAY, I'LL BE BACK ON OAHU! :thumbsup:

Oh fart, I gotta buy Vista again... :-x

Guest RB26DETT

Hmmmm. So my sister can't get in touch with her friend that distributes the Apple laptops and desktops. If I can get the 24" iMac G5 with the 3.06ghz C2D, 4gb RAM and 8800gs 512mb for 50% like she said, that's the one I'm gonna get. But the Psystar build is sooooo tempting!

Guest RB26DETT
In the latest car magazine I got, they tested the Sandero. It is coming here! :D

JUSTIIIN! You're coming back to TDU??? :eek: *happy-dance*

No way! I want the Sandero. :(

Justin, if you're gonna get a mac, get an Intel one, seriously, if you get a G5 a hell of a lot of modern programs will not work. Also you will not be able to dual boot with Windows.

OS X is a great Operating System, you'll like it, and if i were you, I'd go for the Psystar. mine isn't an actual mac either but it works just as well.

Guest RB26DETT

No way? the iMac's don't run on Intel CPU's?

EDIT: It says Intel

Processor and memory

2.4GHz, 2.66GHz, 2.8GHz, or 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor

6MB shared L2 cache at full processor speed

1066MHz frontside bus

1GB (one 1GB SO-DIMM) or 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB

Guest RB26DETT
The Intel iMacs run on Intel processors, the G5 iMacs (that you mentioned) run on PowerPC G5 hardware, hence iMac G5 :p

Okay i admit i FAILED. :(

The new iMac's is what i'm after which I thought was the G5. I thought it was like Generation5 or summat liek that. Nevermind...

*hides in a corner*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RB26DETT

BUMP! Koenigsegg killed my thread.

Remember the Sandero in my first post, well I'm buying one!!!!!!!! :D Just kidding. ;)

Well, all systems are go! I've decided on getting a....... Drumroll please!

TADA! :D (iPod Shuffle in the photo not included. ;))

apple-imac-aluminum.jpg

I'm getting a 24" iMac!

Core2Duo @ 2.8 ghz

2gb DDR2 800mhz SDRAM

Nvidia GeForce 8800GS 512mb GDDR3

500gb HDD 7,200rpm

But, I may not get this particular model. Rumors are about that a new line of iMac's will be introduced in January 2009. I figured I won't get 4gb of RAM first because Apple charges ridiculous prices for the extra 2gb of RAM (8,000php or $150). I'll buy own pair of RAM sticks thank you very much. :p