We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Entries to replace for car name changes

Immelmann

I finally decided to try a shot at fixing names, but I'm not sure what I need to change. I was looking to change the Gallardo SE to the Gallrdo LP560-4, and I came across some entries I'm not sure I should change. There was one called "SE", but the one I'm scared to change is "Gall_SE". If I change that to "Gall_LP560-4" will that be changing the file it looks for? Or do I even need to change that one? Are the only ones that need to be changed the ones that you would see in-game, like "SE"?

Thanks guys!

No. If you change the the entry in the TDU_CarPhysicsData.us in your DB_US (or your language) it will only change the car's type/modelname, not the file it looks for.

Just keep in mind that "Gall_LP560-4" is much longer then "Gall_SE" so you'll need to delete some unused types/modelnames and add some enters/spaces to get to the same filesize. I don;t know wheter a edited Bnk1.map works on that front. Best thing is to back up your files and try.

Good Luck!

- Little_Ghost

Do not edit the Gall_SE entry, as it is not necessary to update model name. It might make TDU to crash...

Just replace the SE word by LP-560 (you'll notice Gallardo word is shared by all Gallardo models)

Concerning lengths, if you use a magic map, you can replace by the word the way you want, no matter how the size is. :)

Do not edit the Gall_SE entry, as it is not necessary to update model name. It might make TDU to crash...

Just replace the SE word by LP-560 (you'll notice Gallardo word is shared by all Gallardo models)

Concerning lengths, if you use a magic map, you can replace by the word the way you want, no matter how the size is. :)

I use the magic map/edited mpa file, but if I replace a word with a longer or shorter one, it DOES crash.....

- Little_Ghost

P.S.

Not having any problems, just editing the file to reacht the -2, 0 or +2 byte size. :) Just wanted to inform.