We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] Your Nat type is: PortRestrictedCone

iLLusion

I've spend last hour or so trying to get that NAT thingy turn green, and I'm on the end of my rope. I have Billion Bipac 5200 RC, UPnP is enabled, ports 3478 and 8889 are open. And yet, UpLauncher still gives me that my NAT type is PortRestrictedCone. Any ideas?

Thanks. :)

Well, when i used my router without the ports forwarded, just uPnP, when i opened the launcher id have moderate cone or something, but if i closed the launcher and re opend id get green Full cone.

Now i forwarded the ports, and kept uPnP tho, now its always green lol.

Try using PF port checker to test if your ports are open (from the ones i tested, only that program gives me accurate results) And if they are, never mind the launcher ;)

Thanks on your suggestions. :)

Play something else? :p

Best advice so far, but sadly I don't have anything else at the moment. So I'm stuck with TDU2. :p I'll try to renew my IP and see if it will have any impact.

@Mielie_NL

Yep, I got those bugs with flying cars couple of times already. They always make me laugh hard, lol. :D

@frube

Tried to open/close it multiple times without no luck. Also, downloaded and tried to install PFPortCheck program you've recommended, but I can't install it. I just can't be bothered with it to tell the truth. :p

I had similar problem and found out problem was in firewall so I made new rule (Eset Smart security in my case) for Uplauncher, I think it is similar with Windows firewall. So when I press allow everything is green. But when I press deny everything goes red and go play offline without turning off my router. Hope it helps, druže :D

People really shouldn't pay too much attention to it. Both the Game Server Available and the NAT type statuses are known to not be 100% applicable/correct. I have a NAT type of moderate cone or something but I have a perfect connection with most people (taking away the servers seem to be doing a destruction derby last few months), and when the servers are not available, the Launcher still says everything's ok.

@crack29584

I'll double check my Windows Firewall settings, thanks for advice! ;)

@CLR-GTR

Well I guess you are right, everything worked fine so far for me too. I'll just ignore it from now on. :)

@ScoobSTi

So it can happen even when in green? Good to know. I was affraid it has something to do with my NAT type, but obviously not. :)

---

Thanks once again for your help! ;)

• 2 years later...