We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fast car opinion

TDUsuprtruper

So i was thinking about buying a Koenigsegg CCR, because ive heard it goes really fast, and i had a McClaren F1 and i sold it to buy a Saleen S7 twin turbo, which i thought was fast but it only goes 255 i thought it would go up to atleast 270 MPH. so in your opinion, what is the fastest car? ive heard of one going 290:eek:

Fastest accelarating is the Saleen in manual, start in third, double shift to 5th then into 6th. Fastest with is the CCR, iirc, which as you say gets 270mph, the 290mph might have been with draft.

Also your sig is well over sized must be 500 pixels wide x 130 pixels high ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Koenigsegg is the fastest by means of top speed. However, show it a left or right turn, and pray to God that you have air bags.

The best over-all car to have is the Saleen S7. It is the fastest accelerating, has a high-enough top speed, and will beat any car around 90% of the tracks on the game.

Best for Pure Acceleration: Saleen S7 :sulk:

Best for Top Speed: Koenigsegg CCR :)

Best overall: McLaren F1 GT :thumbsup:

I know some will argue with me about this, but The McLaren has nearly the acceleration of the CCR, and mercilessly slaughters the handling capabilities of the Saleen.

In short, get an F1 GT if you want very quick (yet not the best) acceleration and awesome handling and a top speed of 291 mph.

F1 GT the best overall?

OK, I'll get Il Dire and Reclusive Duck to race the S7 and F1 around any track and see who wins. My money is on the S7.

Yes, in real life, the F1 GT would walk all over the S7 howver since TDU is an american-biaed game, the S7 will always prevail, I can asure you.

F1 GT the best overall?

OK, I'll get Il Dire and Reclusive Duck to race the S7 and F1 around any track and see who wins. My money is on the S7.

Yes, in real life, the F1 GT would walk all over the S7 however since TDU is an american-biased game, the S7 will always prevail, I can assure you.

1. Who said anything whatsoever about racing? (Not me, I can tell you that)

2. I took the title and first post of the thread to mean a car's top speed, and how quickly it gets there. The F1 GT's handling was presented, by me, simply as a bonus.

/rant

Fast Car Opinion?

yup, top speed sure is the only thing that goes under the category of fast. Forget about handling...what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Would you not consider a Top Fuel dragster (330+ mph top speed) fast, regardless of its ability to take a corner?

Yes. You would, and so would anybody else with a shred of common sense.

And it seems you only skimmed through my post, completely ignoring the "How fast it gets there" phrase.

Along with nearly everything else...

Obviously the S7 and the CCR are the quickest but they also require lots of practice to get the best out of them. I'm surprised there's been no mention of the Mclaren F1 GTR, that would get my vote as the best all-rounder. Better acceleration than the GT and quicker too, except on straight tracks and, in my opinion, handles better than an Enzo. On top of all that it looks fantastic too.

Oh, and the TVR440R deserves a mention too simply because I love that car!!

Would you not consider a Top Fuel dragster (330+ mph top speed) fast, regardless of its ability to take a corner?

Yes. You would, and so would anybody else with a shred of common sense.

And it seems you only skimmed through my post, completely ignoring the "How fast it gets there" phrase.

Along with nearly everything else...

Oh sorry, my mistake.

I'll go to the dealership on TDU right now and buy a Top Fuel dragster

Oh, wait...

Redvette lighten up buddy. No point in trying to start an argument, remember that each person has there own opinions. If you don't agree with something don't start an argument about it, merely carry on by saying your opinions. The same goes for anyone else, it's daft to start an argument over something so small. And if you have any problem report the post ([imgLINK]http://forum.tdu-central.com/images/styles/industrial/buttons/report.gif[/imgLINK]) and we'll take a look and sort it out. Don't risk getting yourselves in trouble.