We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help a noob in need :P

RS1T

Hi all

I just installed TDU from a DISC not a torrent or whatever, it is the real version. Anyway i just tried to set up an online account, but then it wont connect to TDU servers. Internet works fine on all other games, just not TDU. TDU also worked on my old PC, which was XP. Does my PC running vista cause a problem for TDU?

Vist isnt the problem mate, i'm running TDU fine with vista. Did you have a illigal version of TDU on your pc before you bought it ? Could you make a online account or not ? Because you only say it cant connect. Do you have a proper fast internet connection ? Have you installed gamespy (probably but i'm just asking :)).

I did have an illegal TDU before i got the disc, it didnt work at all though. My internet is fast, and i have a gamespy account, but gamespy is not installed

First you got to have removed all the files, register stuff etc... from TDU (illigal one, rember we dont talk about warez here :evil:) Than you go install your bought TDU (also install gamespy it is on the disk).

First you got to have removed all the files, register stuff etc... from TDU (illigal one, rember we dont talk about warez here :evil:) Than you go install your bought TDU (also install gamespy it is on the disk).

Are you sure this will work?

mate, if you had an illegal copy and tried making an online acc with that, Atari make a copy of your IP and then put it in a speacial server and effectively ban you, as long as you have even 1 file from the illegal TDU, your real one WONT work...so that includes save data and all, once thats done, reboot your pc and install your new game...it should work then, especially with a legitimate CD Key

Did you bought TDU ? Have you had a illigal TDU before you bought it ? Do you have a proper internet connection ?

I've bought my game, and I never had any illegal copy of this game on my PC, and my connection is very good ( more than 500Kb/s in download)...

Fridge, I changed of IP less than two months and before that, all worked perfectly...

you dont have to have gamespy installed to play online at all, you just need a gamespy account which can be made using the game screen itself when making your new account (FAQs) Test Drive Unlimited, over its lifespan has seen many problems with routers and connections. a group of players using a certain router couldnt play online at all, and whilst i cant remeber which router it actually was this may be another avenue to try. and of course as our famous SLRR character is trying to explain having a no cd hack attached to your test drive unlimited files in some way also can create connection issues. i wouldnt so much worry about atari/eden/gamespy banning your account for using a no cd hack, currently i havent found any evidence to fully prove anyone has ever been banned from the servers, despite hearing rumours that some people when altering TDU BnK Files have encountered problems connecting to servers until all the modified files were replaced back to their original settings, this may be relevant to you also. and finally whilst this wont be so reassuring i can link you to threads where players simply cannot ever get Test Drive Unlimited working online at all no matter what they situation is or what they try.

Goodluck!!!