We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RACE Pro - Xboxfront.de Exclusive HD Gameplay

Eudemon

Source: http://www.xboxfront.de/news-1787-15043-RACE_Pro.html

Click the video to view it in HD after clicking Watch in HD on the youtube page. Alternatively click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKF-CpnctAg&fmt=22

They also have some new screenshots that are from the video also: http://www.xboxfront.de/screenshots-1787-5516-RACE_Pro.html

Enjoy! I know I did. :D

I'm undecided on this game, it claims to be a sim, on a console... Which there has never really been to be frank.

It doesn't look like it encourages good driving and proper race craft as whoever is playing that is merely bumping his way through the field.

If they release a demo I will give it a look.

It's a sim as plain as that, most of the videos and such show the driver using aids and such and as for the bumping (nudging) his way through, well that's racing, watch the BTCC or WTCC, scraping against your opponent, putting your nose down the inside, getting the door closed on you etc is racing. F1 is mainly a babied form of racing because the cars are so fragile but touring cars, no way and that's why myself personally love it!

Of course the console version isn't going to be 100% comparable with the PC snobs but for a console it will do a damn fine job, finally a racing game that's all about racing!

Remember this is their first console attempt so they will test the waters in allowing the casual to the hardcore to play this game as they wish, it's upto the player to choose how the game responds to them and their skillset. Also remember that video was offline play, check any other game even PC sims' offline gameplay and I'm sure you'll see plenty of other people doing exactly the same thing.

You can choose between damage being on and off? Hmm...

As for nudging his way through the pack, there doesn't look to be any deterrent from doing it. Damaging the car is a disadvantage, and as for the touring cars bumping each other... Yea they do, but nowhere near as hard as that guy was hitting some of the cars in that video.

As I said in my original post, if there is a demo I will take a look. I won't buy it _just_ because it says "simulation" on the packaging, or because it is hyped.

Console racing is more accessible more of the time, and no need to worry about background programs or an MSN popup in the middle of a race. If it has decent physics then probably worth a buy.

PC sims are only really good online, as that's what they are mostly geared towards.

Console games are for more casual players, so I will be expecting a half decent single player mode, hopefully bigger than Forza 2's career mode.

I must say the graphics do look superb!

All the above is my opinion from my own personal experience, you may have a different opinion based on your own experiences. It doesn't mean I am automatically wrong just because I may appear to be a "PC snob".

I wasn't marking you as a PC snob btw, I was saying this because of some of the comments that seem to be coming from so called PC snobs. Also the career is as easy or as hard and as long or as short as you want it to be. There is no real career as such except that you start a campaign and then do as little or as many races as you wish to complete a Championship (full ones are available!). Many reviews and previews have said this game is not exactly a game, it's more a racing game and for that it's much likened to it's PC counterparts.

The reason I'm really excited for this game is it's all out racing, something we haven't seen on console for a long time.

Just watched some videos of gameplay on Youtube, nice to see that it appears to handle like the GTR games. (Although personally, I always hated the physics on those games due to it's "stay on the line or die" style...Maybe I never gave it a proper go).

I can understand you getting excited about it, the same as I am getting excited about the new LFS patch. Different strokes for different folks.

Be sure of this though, if I get it, I will sure give you a few races. ;) Hehe

• 3 weeks later...