We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I have a iPhone question

iBilo

Tbh the N95 has become a fanboy phone. My friend has one and as great a phone it is it certainly doesn't beat the iPhone or many WM devices. I was thinking of getting an iPhone, but I finally got my HTC TyTn II the other day and there is no point is me getting a new phone now, there is nothing any other phone can offer me that mine doesn't do already :p.

My friend has one and as great a phone it is it certainly doesn't beat the iPhone or many WM devices..

Uh yes it does. I never liked Nokia until i got my N95 (i always thought they were old people phones) but the N95 changed that (or any N series phone really).

BTW I'm not a Fanboy. The N95 is seriously a tops phone .

n95-vs-iphone.jpg

there is a few things the iphone doesnt have but i think your naive as to what it can actually do..

it has sat nav through google maps, i dont know how good the n95's is but the iphones one is ok. i have mms on my iphone i also have a program that lets me access my msn, aim or anything like that. also facebook chat and facebook. and i dont know about the n95 or other phones but the iphone runs websites how they look on your pc not the mobile sucky sites.

i'll have to see for myself, i recently acquired (not stolen, found) a 6500 Slide and am going to try it once i find a charger.

Normally I would be morally obliged to try and find the owner but it was found in a crappy bit of town when my dad was walking our dogs, and i hate this town anyway. also, it wasn't far from where my motorbike was taken when it was nicked so i'm keeping it.

Uh yes it does. I never liked Nokia until i got my N95 (i always thought they were old people phones) but the N95 changed that (or any N series phone really).

BTW I'm not a Fanboy. The N95 is seriously a tops phone .

It has GPS and turn by turn directions.

IM Clients are available for download in the App Store.

MMS app is available.

There are apps for audio stations.

There's an app for one touch dialing I believe.

There's an app for VOIP calling.

There's a video out cable available from Apple.

Not sure exactly what you mean by wireless stereo, but if you mean controlling speakers, you can control you computer's iTunes with the Remote app.

I'll have to give the N95 everything else though.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm simply stating the facts. I don't even have an iPhone, nor do I have an N95.

It has GPS and turn by turn directions.

IM Clients are available for download in the App Store.

MMS app is available.

There are apps for audio stations.

There's an app for one touch dialing I believe.

There's an app for VOIP calling.

There's a video out cable available from Apple.

Not sure exactly what you mean by wireless stereo, but if you mean controlling speakers, you can control you computer's iTunes with the Remote app.

I'll have to give the N95 everything else though.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm simply stating the facts. I don't even have an iPhone, nor do I have an N95.

Thats the thing it's almost all third party app's. no out of the box support.

there are some awesome 3rd party apps out there. ive got one where i can hold my phone to a speaker for 10 seconds and it will tell me what the song thats playing is. classy :D i also get all the football news for my chosen team and minute by minute score updates during matches. and a 7 day tv guide for 78 channels.

also does the n95 have to view mobile sites or can it view normal ones?

Shadow, I know you are not a fanboy, and you're right on all the things the N95 can do, but at the end of the day everything it can do the iPhone can do too with 3rd party apps, and out of the box support doesn't matter with the iPhone because if you have an iPhone you have EDGE/3G/Wi-fi for the 3rd party apps.

Now, to answer back to that picture...

- No 5MP camera, but tbh the camera on the iPhone is superb and the lens looks a lot better than the lens on the N95 for daylight pictures (not tried at night or anything)

- Not sure on the FPS, but Video Recording is an easily obtainable app (not sure if it's on the App Store, but it's been on jailbroken phones since 1.1.4 and earlier)

- The iPhone has GPS and TomTom have confirmed they are developing a GPS application for the iPhone.

- Not sure what wireless stereo means, but the Remote app by Apple allows you to control the music and videos played from your iTunes from your iPod/iPhone.

- No need for removable battery, I don't see why that's an argument.

- There are tons and tons of IM clients available for iPhone, that too is not an argument.

- Yes, I have to give Video Calling to N95, the iPhone should have that.

- There are tons of apps for MMS support.

- Every internet radio station in the world is available for the iPhone through many applications (such as CastCatcher).

- Not sure what you mean by one-touch dialling, the iPhone has two-touch dialling though, is that really a good argument?

- I LOL'd at this: VoIP has been around since the iPhone began, I had it on my iPod Touch working with the USB mic since 1.1.4.

- There is a video cable available by Apple to connect to PC, TV, w/e, but is connecting a mobile phone to a TV/Monitor REALLY a good idea?

The N95 and the iPhone are both great phones, after the N95 have done arguing it's points to the iPhone the iPhone can argue a hell of a lot more back. But I think I stand my guard in saying WM devices can beat both of them :p. But I am thinking of switching from my HTC TyTn II (Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro) to a 1st Gen iPhone or a Blackberry 8900...

EDIT: And yes, you can view sites how they were meant to be viewed through Opera Browser or Minimo (mobile Firefox) Browser on pretty much all Symbian and WM devices.

Super Monkey Ball is brilliant and quite cheap now, Asphalt 4 is quite fun, Ferrari GT Evolution is good but I regret buying it, Virtual Pool is great fun, as is TapDefense, TapTapRevenge is also very fun, and so is Tap Tap Dance. There are a lot of great apps, I'll list my favourite ones:

Tap Tap Revenge - FREE (Like DDR, tap to the beat of the songs)

Tap Tap Dance - £2.99 (Like TTR with more Dance music, multi-touch and a lot harder)

Tap Tap Revenge NIN Edition - £2.99 (TTR with loads of NIN songs, more for collectors)

Asphalt 4 - £5.99 (Racing game with over 30 cars)

Koi Pond - £0.59p (Very fun multi-touch Koi Pond-simulation game)

Cube Runner - FREE (Guide the arrow through many 3D levels without hitting the blocks)

Cast Catcher - £2.99 (Internet radio wherever there's a connection)

Air Sharing - £3.99 (Turns your iPod/iPhone into a Wi-fi HDD, very useful for holding and viewing documents, it's like a USB Pen in your iPod/iPhone)

PocketGuitar - £0.59p (A very good guitar simulator with many different instruments and effects, and you can actually play songs on it if you can play guitar)

eBay - FREE (Very useful eBay app, a lot better for navigating eBay without the need of going on the site in Safari)

TapDefense - FREE (Stop the enemies getting through the winding path and into your base by building weapons and defenses against them)

BurningTires - £1.59 (A fun racing game with arcade physics and good 3D graphics)

Flashlight - FREE (A very useful flashlight supporting every colour and many different animations)

fring - FREE (VoIP, Skype and every IM client in one)

Tunnel - FREE (Guide your arrow through the cave path)

Darts - FREE (A good, free Darts game)

Zippo Lighter - FREE (Quite fun, simulates a Zippo Lighter, good graphics)

aMailTyper - £0.59p (Type your E-mails with a sideways QWERTY keyboard for easier typing)

Night Stand - FREE (A nice LED display displaying the time, leave it on with the iPod/iPhone on charge for a nice night light)

A Free Level - FREE (A level to show you how straight surfaces are using the accelerometer on the iPod/iPhone, very useful)

Hope that helps, there's over 10,000 apps on the App Store, it's quite hard to find good ones ;).

Guest RB26DETT
Well, its kinda off topic but not too off topic, can anyone reccomend any cool touch/iphone apps?

Ferrari GT Evolution

Bounce On

iSniper

PapiJump+ (ADDICTING!)

Bejeweled 2

Next Flight (Check all flight schedules for any day)

MemoryStick (Makes your device into a memory stick and file viewer)