We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Final Map + Dealer Logos (Hi res/Color)

Guest M4v3R1cK

Guest M4v3R1cK

Final Car Emblems [Latest Version No 1.0]

Creator: Jeff

Download Link

(also see attachment)

Hey there...

Although I've never uploaded or posted anything here (not even a comment) I thought I should give something back to this wonderful "growing community".

I'm a graphic designer and I know a thing or two in Photoshop; so here are the best logo textures that you'll ever come across for TDU. Highest resolution/quality that's possible to produce within the game (fully colored), with extensive testing to ensure a crash free replacement! I've also corrected most of the squeezed logos (you might have noticed if you were really sharp ie: for some strange reason all logos especially round logos like VW, Alpha Romeo and so on were not circles they were ovals!) Modify it in what ever shape or form you like, you don't have to credit me for it just enjoy! I have removed Holden and Edonis completely and replaced some other dealers based on my modified cars, you can rearrange them as you wish so!

Hope you folks like what I've done and enjoy!

[ATTACH]7507[/ATTACH]

Just in case you don't know, replace the zip content with what you have in <Source address>\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\AllRes after backing up your old file

Guest M4v3R1cK

No mates this is totally from scratch… you'll definitely notice the difference as I used large logos as the base (using Google image)

Now why would I want to re-release someone else's package?!?!?

Some new logos include: Bugatti, BMW and Honda. 90% of logos are redone for both the browse map view and the dealer thumbnail views.

Oh by the way I've also fixed the annoying glitch that caused the arrows beneath the logos to jump up and down.

Guest M4v3R1cK

There is way too much color on your map Maplecars it pretty much starting to look like a circus there :D I reckon leaving the standard logos alone (B&W) would make the dealers' icons stand out even more! (Have a look at my screenshot and compare it with yours side by side - I think you'll agree)

… and I wouldn't exactly call having the rectangular Ferrari logo on the thumbnail view "the right Ferrari logo" Shy Guy; it's actually pretty simple to mask the rectangle in the alpha channel instead of the detailed prancing horse (which is far more difficult to make properly). Plus the standard logo is also included in this pack as the dealers' thumbnail (not the mini icon on the map but the actual thumbnail which is displayed if you click on any Ferrari car or dealer)

There is way too much color on your map Maplecars it pretty much starting to look like a circus there :D I reckon leaving the standard logos alone (B&W) would make the dealers' icons stand out even more!

… and I wouldn't exactly call having the rectangular Ferrari logo on the thumbnail view "the right Ferrari logo" shy guy, it's actually pretty simple to mask the rectangle in the alpha channel instead of the detailed prancing horse (which is far more difficult to make properly). Plus the standard logo is also included in this pack as the dealers' thumbnail (not the mini icon on the map but the actual thumbnail which is displayed if you click on any Ferrari car or dealer)

about the logo's I know it's too colorful and hard to see........and I'm trying to make the color more simpler, maybe I'll try a black and white but different design.:)

Guest M4v3R1cK

Just to clarify all the confusion about whose Ferrari logo is what (and other weird questions popping up here and there) I thought I should post the actual game texture files here.

Since I gave you all the permission to do what ever you want with the original files I thought to be extra nice by giving you the screen shots of the actual Photoshop files in their actual size with 100% of quality (no compression) so you can swap around dealer logos for yourselves without loosing the great image quality. You still need to know what you are doing to be successful but this eases the whole process plenty!

One further use for these files is that you can compare the original files from Atari with my version and figure out which dealer has been replaced with what (as a reference). Plus you can also see how lazy the folks at Atari are by a simple quality comparison!

(Plus I added another screenshot to the original post's attachment)

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7522&stc=1&d=1235064216

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7523&stc=1&d=1235064216

Guest M4v3R1cK

Teeth I'm sure you can make great logos as well since everything I used is uploaded here. If you refer to the original post, there are some instructions for where to find the logo files at the bottom of the post.

If I resize the photo that would deprive everyone from having the actual size image in order to modify their own logos and it sort of defeats the purpose of the post! Having larger images here doesn't excite me in any particular way, I just uploaded them for others to use/enjoy!

Guest M4v3R1cK

Because I've replaced my Edonis with a tool831's Pagani and I've transformed the dealer to a Pagani only dealer. With this replacement the logo doesn't blink from one to the other… it's the same for the koenningsegg and Holden logos (3rd row, 2nd from the right is actually the place for the Holden – which is left blank in the original Atari layout for some strange reason). If you want to change a dealer from one to another just find both logos and swap around the logos' position using the selection and move tool in Photoshop and resave the file (ahhh and don't e-mail me for permission like the last 3 people did :" IT'S OK TO MODIFY MY STUFF, I don't care just enjoy!!!)

On the note of mentioning Tool831's name I just wanted to thank this kid for FANTASTIC conversions; I reckon when you see his name on a mod car you really don't need screenshots to double check the quality! Always delivers the goods! I just don't understand why he never released his Bugatti model so we can have a Veyron 16.4 as good as his Audi R8 for TDU???

One more thing, when ever I change the "Edonis" entry in the DB_US.bnk file (TDU_CarPhysicsData.us and/or TDU_Brands.us) my TDU crashes to desktop, it would be nice if any of you guys who know how to solve this problem post the remedy here as a comment (I've already searched the forum and everyone seems to be avoiding all questions about this particular model name, perhaps no one knows for sure!)

@ M4v3R1cK :

I'm working on a tool to change vehicle names.

It will worth the try with Edonis ;) Please send me a MP if you are intrerested to test it before full release.

Btw, it seems pretty dangerous to change all Edonis names in database at once.

Some occurrences shouldn't be changed.

First please ensure that modifying CarPhysicsData only lets your game crash-free.

Guest M4v3R1cK

Wow, I've used your other program (TDUModdingTools-1.6.1) and I think you have done a FANTASTIC job. You are extremely talented and I'm sure this new program is as good as the previous one. TDU community needs all the help it can get from gifted people such as your self and I'm sure your efforts are appreciated by everyone. I would surely love to test it and let you know of any issues pre release...

Guest M4v3R1cK

As you can tell from my post counter/registration date I'm pretty new here, nevertheless I DID read the thread rules before posting here. To my understanding the thumbnail rules apply for those images that are simply showing a screen capture or a new mod. For instant I didn't post a full size map view just to display the modified icons to other people, the two pics are the actual raw textures which are only useful if they are in full size. Again, the images that I posted full size are the RAW material for future editing of other users and if modified (resized or what ever) they will not serve their initial purpose of being!

However I can only repeat myself a certain number of times, and if the purpose is still not understood here, or the whole thing appears inappropriate to moderators I here by ask them to act accordingly (resize or remove the two images)…

As you can tell from my post counter/registration date I'm pretty new here, nevertheless I DID read the thread rules before posting here. To my understanding the thumbnail rules apply for those images that are simply showing a screen capture or a new mod. For instant I didn't post a full size map view just to display the modified icons to other people, the two pics are the actual raw textures which are only useful if they are in full size. Again, the images that I posted full size are the RAW material for future editing of other users and if modified (resized or what ever) they will not serve their initial purpose of being!

However I can only repeat myself a certain number of times, and if the purpose is still not understood here, or the whole thing appears inappropriate to moderators I here by ask them to act accordingly (resize or remove the two images)…

I understand you, but that's the forum rules, and even my texture modding images needs to be resized. But you don't need to remove it, and I know your new, Welcome to TDUC,

and BTW mines, sorry to bump your thread.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr144/Maplecars/norm-4.jpg

Guest M4v3R1cK

To The Saturdays!: It's all good man, I'm not offended…

Great work Maplecars… It gives me great pleasure to see others using what I created as the basis for their work without pinching them for useless premissions. What do those color circles do (the ones that filled the empty spaces on the top)?

Oh and you're always welcomed to bump into my threads mate ;)