We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box (for PC)

CobraDBlade

Anyone have this game? I have the demo, and it seems like it would be a game I would be interested in, but I want to know something about it before I plunk down the cash to buy the game.

Can you remap the controls? The whole A for accelerate, Z for brake, arrow keys for steering, etc... doesn't really work for me. Not to mention that it hurts my hands.

I just got it. Only had time to setup controls and run one takedown event.

Controls can be re-mapped. Got things sorted out for my G25 wheel & pedals. Game recognized keyboard and G25 but there are limitations to mapping the G25. I am sure it would see a controller if you use one, but not sure. Some of the problems and dissapoinments are as follows.

Unable to run pedals as reported individual axis, so you have to hold space bar on keyboard and hold down gas pedal to spin wheels to enter a race.:mad:

No way to go with manual shifting? Only automatic.:confused:

Only two views I have discovered thus far behind car and bumper...:sulk:

thats it so far, need some more game time.

the G25 mapping doesn't worry me too much. Burnout is very much an arcade racer and I plan on using the keyboard exclusively to control it. The lack of manual shifting is a bit annoying, but I can deal with it (in the demo it seemed that the cars would just keep shifting anyway. I think I counted 15 shifts down a very long downhill straight :confused:) I really liked the demo alot (darn the time restraints!), it was just the controls bit that I was worried about. Looks like Burnout just made it to my "Games to get" list! :D

Forgot to add, the graphics are really incredible on PC. I am able to run it full blown and it looks fantastic. I hope the game play is just as good once you advance to better & faster rides. Great draw distance unlike the PS2 previous series which was hard to see oncoming cars in the distance.

Not sure how nice the demo looked?

Like I said I really need some more game time on this one if I can just pry myself away from swapping mod sounds on TDU...

From what I have read, the demo version is just the full version with vehicle, race/challenge, and time limits put in place. It definitely looks fantastic on my computer. If not for the stupid time limit (which after you unlock 3 cars and finish 3 races is about 90 seconds), I would be just goofing around in the game world right now.

• 1 month later...

Yay, the car packs should be coming to PC soon, probably on Wednesday. :)

According to a post by Criterion Games' CrashTVJez, there will be an official announcement on Monday, March 23rd, 2009 concerning the downloadable vehicles for the PC edition of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box.

CrashTVJez has stated that the "Car Packs" will probably be released on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009. During the past few months, the console editions of Paradise have enjoyed paid content such as the Legendary Cars pack, The Toy Cars pack and the Boost Specials pack. It is unclear if all the downloadable content that is currently available on the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions of the game will be included in this forthcoming update.

Source

The car packs will be available in PC later today:

All 3 downloadable car packs will be released later TODAY for the PC version of Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box.

That means PC players will finally be able to purchase the incredible Legendary Cars Pack, featuring the Jansen 88 Special, the Hunter Manhattan Spirit, the Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger and, of course, the Carson GT Nighthawk.

The Toys Collection brings you 9 of your favourite Burnout Paradise vehicles - rebuilt as toys.

And finally, check out the Boost Specials Pack. With this pack the awesome Montgomery Hawker Mech and Carson Extreme Hotrod redefine what it means to Boost in Paradise City with "switchable" and "lock-on" Boost.

The great cars will be available to buy as collections only. Download the update today and all these cars will be available to view and purchase from a Junkyard near you.

For extra information on these awesome packs, head for www.criteriongames.com and check out the "Available Now" area.

"CrashTVJez" will post on his Twitter feed to confirm as soon as we have confirmation that this update is live

Source

I've got paradise for PC, Elite License, and all smashables and jumps (for those who have paradise you know how hard that is). This game has an Incredible sense of speed in the higher tiers, and it runs very well. The controls can be easily remapped, on controllers too. Great game. If anyone wants to play just add Crazee1 to your friends. Great game, and the game performs possibly better at high speeds. BUY IT NOW! lol, but it is a great game

The car packs will be available in PC later today:

Source

AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: Is this free?

EDIT: I guess it's free, I'm downloading right now and they haven't asked me to show my credit card yet :p

EDIT EDIT: Not so free in fact >_> The update needed to download the cars is free, but the cars themselves aren't and have to be downloaded separately.

There wouldn't be any point in manual shifting as it's all about speed and is a very arcade type of game. ;)

And the fact that there aren't a fixed number of gears ;) You just change up as you accelerate, and change down as you slow down :p All very fun. Apart from the bit where it crashes every time I try to go online :(

I got it too...

The legendary Cars pack looks good(i don't have), The P12(like DeLorean) and the Manhathan Spirit(like the Cadillac waGon from GhostBusters) are the best too me, the Calgary is a simple mod, the NightHawk is interesting, but "wrong car" to have it done...

I forgot the names, but that two cars like Hummer and TT, being only online access is so bad...

I'm not sure about uninstalling removing the save files, but the save files (on XP) are found in C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Criterion Games

Isn't it on "C:\Pragramdata\Eletronic Arts\blah blah i don't remember"?

Cause after exiting the game, i have searched for "last modified files" with the windows search, and one was there, i will check it.

The good is that it ask if you want or not to remove the saves when you want to unistall the game...

Isn't it on "C:\Pragramdata\Eletronic Arts\blah blah i don't remember"?

Well, when I copied the Burnout files in Documents and the place that CobraDBlade said, and then reinstalled the game and replaced those files, I still had my save data. Unfortunatley, the reinstalling didn't solve my problem...

My problem was that when I got the new patch, it wouldn't let me go online because it thought my product key was invalid. I've contacted EA support, and I think they're going to give me a new product key.

This was the message: