We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mirroring car mod question for all Modders

Reilsss

Hello all,

a few may rember me a bit betters, other may do not so much. Anyhow I got a question that belongs to all modders in this forum. So instace of hijacking every thread I made a new one for this.

My question is simple, I like to mirror some of your cars on the TDU Addons homepage. To upload your product there I need of corse your permission.

So my question would be, who would give permission to have his car or mod uploaded to TDU Addons?

I hope to see feedback from some modders. For questions just ask away either.

Sorry, but i won't allow. (even if i am a member there already) I like my links leading to my website (gamevent) then leading to the thread with actual download links. filefront/rapidshare that way i can keep tabs of every mod of mine without having to check alot of sites etc.

Sorry, but i won't allow. (even if i am a member there already) I like my links leading to my website (gamevent) then leading to the thread with actual download links. filefront/rapidshare that way i can keep tabs of every mod of mine without having to check alot of sites etc.

So, what's about putting links to your rapidshare account or direct to the thread on your forum? I'm admin of biggest polish TDU site - http://www.tdu.com.pl and I like to put your mods on my site maybe with an review of each mod.

And another question to Relisss about mirroring new sounds? In comparing to sounds we heve only few new cars or big mods so link to other forum its not a problem. But while we puts over 100 sounds mirroring would be much easier to me. If you want I can put links to TDU Addons on my site and in every compresend file with sound.

So, what's about putting links to your rapidshare account or direct to the thread on your forum? I'm admin of biggest polish TDU site - http://www.tdu.com.pl and I like to put your mods on my site maybe with an review of each mod.

Well you ain't a very good admin on that site then.. :rolleyes: They have posted all my mods on there with all direct download links etc and your asking for permission now..

Wow you fail alot

And another question to Relisss about mirroring new sounds? In comparing to sounds we heve only few new cars or big mods so link to other forum its not a problem. But while we puts over 100 sounds mirroring would be much easier to me. If you want I can put links to TDU Addons on my site and in every compresend file with sound.

Actually thats annoyed me.

I Have found my mod on that website not linking to TDU-Central or to gamevent. Also uploading it to another website than other to what i uploaded to is not tollerated especially by me and tool.

This is one way of getting modders annoyed and them leaving modding.

Also if you do want to link on that website then give proper credits to the modder and just link to the TDU-C thread where they can get the links.

And DO NOT give direct links to the downloads or uploading it to another website.

Also Grins Mods And Other Peoples Mods There.

Also posting in there warning them they just delete and ignore the post.

Right easy guys and RX_37 you are on thin ice with that remark you made, don't push it!

Ok, let's not forget that the reason we are all here is because we all like/love/adore this game. Now of course with the advent of modding and such the community interest will grow and with the game being internationally admired, multiple communities will spring up covering all languages and countries. This happens with almost everything that gets a following. Now regarding mods and such, it is really difficult to limit the viewing and downloading of these due to them being on free to the public storage services, it is possible of course but the cost of doing something like this along with the bandwidth would be very costly indeed.

Nope all you can really hope is that there is some sort of honour/honor system that people will respect and follow. And to be honest it does usually work really well however when you get into differing languages this is where you hit barriers. So to be truthful, if you do come across somewhere who is hosting your stuff or linking directly to it try contacting them first, if they have any respect for you and the community they will sort the appropriate linking, crediting and such out. However if you basically try and say no and deny them then more than likely they will go around you and use other means.

At the end of the day it all comes down to trust, if you think those figures you get from your download sites is all the people who have got your creation then you're probably about 20-30% off. People download files and will email them, host them and of course the really sad will try and pass them off as their own.

So remember above all we all are a TDU community, doesn't matter the language or people, we all share the same common interest with this game and it's modifications that helps prolong it's longevity.

So TDU PL you now know that you can have, discuss and review the mods of tool and Reaper however they would personally also like that you link to whatever page(s) they request so that they can easily keep track of those coming to, downloading and enjoying their mods.

And to all modders, it may be an idea for you to put a little note in your first posts and README's regarding how you take to the distribution and promotion of your creations. Believe it or not the majority will respect and adhere to what you have said rather than be disrespectful and ignore it. (though that will happen)

Take care of yourself and each oth .....damn I really was getting into that there. *steps away from soapbox* :D

Actually thats annoyed me.

I Have found my mod on that website not linking to TDU-Central or to gamevent. Also uploading it to another website than other to what i uploaded to is not tollerated especially by me and tool.

This is one way of getting modders annoyed and them leaving modding.

Also if you do want to link on that website then give proper credits to the modder and just link to the TDU-C thread where they can get the links.

And DO NOT give direct links to the downloads or uploading it to another website.

Also Grins Mods And Other Peoples Mods There.

Also posting in there warning them they just delete and ignore the post.

I agree with T3hReaper...

I agree with T3hReaper...
To be clear though, how do you want them to promote your mod? By linking to your thread here at TDUc and/or another link you would prefer them to use.

Example for your BMW E30 M3:

Author: Grin116

Source: http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=8932

or

Source(s): http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=8932 and http://www.google.ru (for example)

What a shame for me. I'm a just bad admin who didn't saw this, but it isn't necessary now. :(

I just only want to say a really big sorry. I've cleaned up every new cars thread on my forum and put links to the TDU:C. The only what can I make is a promise that, this situation won't take place again.

Sorry...

Right easy guys and RX_37 you are on thin ice with that remark you made, don't push it!

I know i was :P

if they have any respect for you and the community they will sort the appropriate linking

At the end of the day it all comes down to trust...

Thats the thing, most ppl that post those things without permission on other sites doesn't have any respect for the guys that made the mods and just doesn't care if they are corrected cause they are ass's. I have some experience with them myself.

What a shame for me. I'm a just bad admin who didn't saw this, but it isn't necessary now.

I just only want to say a really big sorry. I've cleaned up every new cars thread on my forum and put links to the TDU:C. The only what can I make is a promise that, this situation won't take place again.

Well atleast that's good to have their site admin here who can do that and clean up these things.

What a shame for me. I'm a just bad admin who didn't saw this, but it isn't necessary now. :(

Sorry...

Ok Thanks.

I have no problem with people linking to either my TDU:C thread or my thread on GameVent as tduc just links to there anyway. And Tool is the same.

If its cleared up and all links link back to here then it will be fine.

But on the upside i found out i had another 1375+ downloads on my BMW Z4

Sorry...

You're not a bad admin, you're the admin of a TDU site and was thinking you were helping the TDU community by sharing what you found. However what you didn't think of was that if the people who created these files had any issues or requirements for you to promote them on yours, that was all.

Don't worry it happens to us all when we start and it's best to learn with something small than have some companys lawyers send you through a cease and desist or being threatened with being closed/shut down. Those are some tough lessons you never forget!

Anyway it's sorted now and you've learned to always credit your sources, something even the big sites forget to do.

Take care Darth and all the best with your community.

Please Link to the Page like this: http://www.tduaddons.com/tdu/sounds/ac_289::1/17/ Instace to the file download itself. (I want people to still somewhat visist TDU ADDONS

----

meine darfst du gerne hochladen^^

aber verwende bitte meine rapidshare links > statistik

und meinen namen darfste nicht vergessen

Translation:

u can put my files up^^

but.... only with my rapidshare-links > stats

don´t forget my name

Ich geh davon aus das ich auf dein Rapidshare verlinken soll oder missversteh ich da?

----

And last but not least a question for T3hReaper.

For what do you need to know the numbers of downloads on your cars? Does it help you to descide what kind of mod you do next?

Please Link to the Page like this: http://www.tduaddons.com/tdu/sounds/ac_289::1/17/ Instace to the file download itself. (I want people to still somewhat visist TDU ADDONS

----

Ich geh davon aus das ich auf dein Rapidshare verlinken soll oder missversteh ich da?

----

And last but not least a question for T3hReaper.

For what do you need to know the numbers of downloads on your cars? Does it help you to descide what kind of mod you do next?

The number of downloads helps me and tool decide on future mods and see if it is working on releasing more versions or updating mods.

I'm the same with reaper.. :D Keeping track of my downloads, is good to know what mod is popular to base the next car around or to continue modding.

Just to clear up something, main reason i don't like my mods posted around. Is i only go on Gamevent and TDUC to check my mods i don't wanna look at a whole pile of sites just to keep track of comments and to check every download link.