We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Youtube to block music videos

Camel

PRS, in a nutshell are money huggers, i did write an elaborate posts but i got an '808 BALDY IS ON DUTY, RUN FOR THE HILLS!' type message and lost it :(

anyway, PRS is the body that takes royalty for playing a song and dumps it in the hands of the original artist. PRS licenses are anything from £200 a year for a small corner shop to several thousands for an office

This is just for the right to play music of all things.

from the article, it looks like PRS thinks the license fee youtube payed last year is insufficient, and has hiked the price quite considerably... because they are momey huggers. in return, youtube has said 'ok, fine, we wont pay any license and wont have any music'

now, PRS is going to have to hope that people who LEGALLY watched the videos, (and subsequently see the link to iTunes and then buy the music legitimately) will just be like 'oh ok then' and will not download the music illegally instead...

yeah, PRS has made a stupid move and has shot itself in the foot, i reckon the Musicians union is going to give them quite a slap...