We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Youtube to block music videos

Camel

Yes, that's right, Youtube will start blocking all premium music videos from, well from over an hour ago. And the majority of videos will be blocked for the UK in a couple of days.

Clicky

What will you do for your music videos now then?

lol, well at least youtube should load a bit quicker now.

Saying that I can't really understand why they would do this but alot of of American owned sites do this, nevermind, I'm sure someone will start a facebook group/petition and it will be in the papers

I've got most of the music I listen to on YouTube anyway.

I just like looking at live performances.

Could always use one of those websites that rip YouTube videos if you're that desperate to carry on watching music videos.

If in doubt. Watch a music channel on TV for 5 hours until a song you like comes on :/

You know what, i'm finding it harder and harder to be enthusiastic about going into this industry when there is nothing but money pinching CONSTANTLY in force over the music.

PRS is a stupid organization that supposedly gives money to an original author when it is played publicly. it's a nice idea but when you dive a bit deeper. PRS is the organization that charges £200 a year just so that you can play a radio in a shop. It's pathetic. I wonder if these people realize that there's now iTunes links on videos. And there's advert money, and youtube gives money to the labels for the plays. this is sheer penny pinching and it just follows the lead of other petty attempts to make money by shooting itself in the foot.

Some other things to think over.

Does anyone remember the coldplay X & Y album with the ridiculous DRM?

This CD can't be burnt onto a CD or hard disc, nor can it be converted to an MP3" and "This CD may not play in DVD players, car stereos, portable players, game players, all PCs and Macintosh PCs

The labels trying to take down lyrics and tab sites

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

and warner whinging that they dont get enough from youtube

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7795157.stm

here's a little suggestion for anyone musicians thinking that they need the extra money:

hire an agent

arrange a tour

publicize it

get tour money

easy.

Foo Fighters - One By One album was the same you couldn't burn it onto your PC, make copies and it wouldn't play in certain players. And the DRM was illegal as it actually searched your comp for music and what you was looking at on the web and sent it back to them. Was a big legal thing over it.

Also Chili Peppers greatest hits is the same, which is annoying as I own both and I can not put them in iTunes or anything as the DRM stops me so no iPod nor a cd for the car/van and I refuse to re-purchase it again on iTunes and pay another £10+ (I would if it was on sale at a £5 or less but thats not the point)

Edit:

As for the tabs site one I used to use alot was mx-tabs and that got shut down, it was a community where people uploaded what they thought the tab was and some where spot on (tab book probably) but that went. I know the foo fighters did have a free tab site I'll have to check to see if they still have.

I'm sure it's because of what "Who" said. They can't afford to pay the music companies the money they are wanting, to keep their videos on Youtube as they say "they are not getting paid enough".

So as a result Youtube are just taking all the videos off to solve issues even though it will anger people but of course they don't care about that. They only care about keeping their reputation intact and to please the companies.

I still think it's ridiculous though...

[Admin Warning] Read this at your own risk, tdu-central will accept no responsibility for loss of data or action take by law enforcing authorities.

Good thing I download all my music illegally, no DRM issues, no stupid fiascos, just the music. Oh, and a lot of the music being released now has been available on certain sites for months. I know someone will say about viruses etc, but if you use good anti-virus programs you have no such issues. If you find a good site, you don't ever need fear viruses anyway.

Youtube is a rubbish site, removing videos for little to no reason, other than there was 2 seconds of a certain song at the end of the video.

Maybe this will be the beginning of the end for youtube, I for one bloody hope so.