We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

24 hour time?

zo6dude

24 Hour Time?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. 24 Hour Time?

• Every Hour
    • Burnout Paradise Style
    • Real time(Your Area where you live)
    • Real time( Oahu or where ever TDU2 will take place)
    • Only Day
    • Only Night
    • You Can't Decide

1. Day/Night change every hour?

2. Burnout Paradise style (if its 5:00 on your PC its 5:00 in game)

3. You don't want day or night.

4. The time will be the same as the real time in Oahu(or wherever TDU2 will take place)

5. You can't decide

Pick and vote on the poll:)

i think real time in synch would be best, and it's a good way to make sure everyone has the same lighting online too (a few times i have mentioned the sun going down on GTA whilst it's still midday for everyone else)

it'd also be cool if traffic and police reacted differently depending on time, for example traffic becoming less 'respectful' of speed limits and police having less of a presence outside of the city during the night

real time has worked in the past, just look at an old dreamcast game called MSR. (the forerunner to the PGR series)

I think that for online it would be cool to work that way, however offline then i think it should work burnout style,so that you can do your challenges/licenses/races in daylight

i think real time in synch would be best, and it's a good way to make sure everyone has the same lighting online too (a few times i have mentioned the sun going down on GTA whilst it's still midday for everyone else)

it'd also be cool if traffic and police reacted differently depending on time, for example traffic becoming less 'respectful' of speed limits and police having less of a presence outside of the city during the night

real time has worked in the past, just look at an old dreamcast game called MSR. (the forerunner to the PGR series)

I think that for online it would be cool to work that way, however offline then i think it should work burnout style,so that you can do your challenges/licenses/races in daylight

But what about the time difference? Lets say you live in England, it's 3:00pm on a Saturday, and you sit down to play some TDU2. If the game uses the real time in Oahu, then you'll be driving in the dark, because it's 4:00am on the island in real life. ;)

The Flight Simulator style day/night set up is much more practicle imho.

Guest RB26DETT

and pokemon post gold version games :p

I say Burnout Paradise style, because it allows you to have a 1-hour cycle, 5-hour cycle, and the real time (linked to your PC.). But I think that there should be one more option tacked on, real location time. Then the 24-hour cycle could be just about whatever you want.

I'm afraid this would make online racing complicated. IMO the best solution is online server based time with day cycling every few hours. This would synchronize online races/cruises conditions and would prevent driving always at the same day time (the most of us plays in the evenings, don't wanna play always by dark)...

• 2 weeks later...

i think the 4th option is the best

4. The time will be the same as the real time in Oahu(or wherever TDU2 will take place)

becuase burnout style wont be sync when you play with friends from other countries.

its not true that you'd never see a daylight on real time hour, becuase you are not waking up only 1 hour, now its night, go and play more 4 hours its will be light already.

but i have more 2 good ideas

1. you can choose time as somebody already said, so when you cruise you decide for hour and everbody set that hour

2. GMT time zone, not hawaii and where ever it will be, GMT so its would be fine for everybody i think

im voting for your own time

because, OAHU time, could result in this :

say oahu is for example australia

and the place u play from is belgium

then there is no actual solution to play at night here to see the island at daylight

because every time u play, you will see the island, by night

so i think the best solution is to play according to your own time ^^

im voting for your own time

because, OAHU time, could result in this :

say oahu is for example australia

and the place u play from is belgium

then there is no actual solution to play at night here to see the island at daylight

because every time u play, you will see the island, by night

Didn't I kinda already say that? :cheeky:

I still like the Flight Simulator idea, where you set want time you want. That way, if you want to drive in the dark you can, and if you don't, you don't have to. ;)

How's about like... A set time sequence..? Servers go up, first 4-5 hours, it's day for everyone and then starts to go dark for everyone... Night time would definitely improve the game (especially if headlights were NOT automatic)... A set, universal cycle, otherwise as pointed out by "Him Himself", some would just never see daylight and that would just result in everyone bitching about how it's always dark... Single player should run off a similar system but maybe Single player can run off the clock on your PC or you should have the ability to CHOOSE for singleplayer...?

So, ONLINE... Runs off a universal cycle

and OFFLINE... Runs off your PC clock or by CHOICE