We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My dad's Skyline

hf7713

Produced in 1998(Is it old??), A ER34 with a NA engine RB25DE, 2498cc, 200 bhp

I believe it can drift but i haven't tried yet...:lol:

And the bad thing is.......Not enough money for a new exhast and new rims:cry:

P1020315.JPG

20090307537.jpg

For more Skyline pictures go here:p(the Hong Kong Skyline Club):http://picasaweb.google.com/hf7713/HKSC8#

Nice Car dude ;)

Where I am, there are a number of 4 door skylines from the originals up to R34. They are a bit slower then the regular GTS-T etc. but they don't go too bad.

Skylines I think were originally 4 Door Saloons.

Ha, yeah skylines originally were a 4 door saloon - the base engine being the RB30E(?) which was the precursor to the RB26DETT etc.

With bigger wheels and a slight raise that car would look well good! I like the idea of a 4-door Skyline and remember the 400R from the Gran Turismo days to no end!

Yes, the car is now using default 16' rims. I think 17' must be better. If this is a GTT (RB25DET),which got a turbo, then 18' is better. NA Skyline I think it's too weak....

Wasn't the Nismo 400R in Gran Turismo 2-door? Basically an enhanced R33 GTR?
It was yeah but NISMO did do perhaps a one-off 4-door version. I remember it only because of Gran Turismo and if I'm right in thinking it was only available by completing one of the licences in Silver or Gold also.

1278097_2.jpg

Guest RB26DETT
Nice Car dude ;)

Ha, yeah skylines originally were a 4 door saloon - the base engine being the RB30E(?) which was the precursor to the RB26DETT etc.

nah man. RB's were only started being used from the R32 onwards. the original skyline's (back when they were in prince motors) ran I4 1500cc engines. ;)

i go to hong kong every year and the r34 4 doors are common. well not as common as a corolla but you get the point. :p

It was yeah but NISMO did do perhaps a one-off 4-door version. I remember it only because of Gran Turismo and if I'm right in thinking it was only available by completing one of the licences in Silver or Gold also.

http://carview-img01.bmcdn.jp/ecrm/stock/1278097_2.jpg

If you are talking about GT4, no. I completed all the licenses on Gold. Won everything there was to win, no 4-door 400R. :) Just a 2-door. ;)

That 4-door one looks pretty tidy though. (Y)

nah man. RB's were only started being used from the R32 onwards. the original skyline's (back when they were in prince motors) ran I4 1500cc engines. ;)

i go to hong kong every year and the r34 4 doors are common. well not as common as a corolla but you get the point. :p

ER34 is really common in Hong Kong because they're cheap in 2nd-hand market. Many Skyline fans bought 2nd-hand ER34 after they have just got their driving licenses. But BNR34 now is not common in Hong Kong especially the stock one. Contrarily there quite a lot of new GTR in Hong Kong.

Guest RB26DETT

yeah. i was in hong kong when they released the new GTR. i saw a black one along nathan road and i just:drool:

i'm going back in october. ;)

Well way back they ran I4 engines, but I'm pretty certain that from about 1986 (Skyline R31) they ran RB's:

Three models of 3.0 L RB30 were produced:

RB30S - carbureted single-cam

RB30E - fuel-injected single-cam (114 kW @ 5200 rpm, 247 N·m (25.2 kgf·m) @ 3600 rpm)

RB30E R31 Skyline - fuel-injected single-cam (117 kW @ 5200 rpm, 252 N·m (25.2 kgf·m) @ 3600 rpm)

RB30ET VL Commodore - fuel-injected single-cam turbo (150 kW @ 5600 rpm, 296 N·m @ 3200 rpm)

Nevertheless I have to say that the RB30ET is a great engine - My bro has it in one of his cars and it goes like a rocket (it has had a large amount of work done to it though)