We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PhOTW: Week 21 Entry

Speedtouch

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Skoda vRS's Cost around 19,000 Pounds, X-Types cost around 21,000 pounds, In the UK The jaguar is a lot more common than the Skoda, So i don't see what you mean when you say exclusive, Its the bottom jaguar, i'd agree that any other jaguar would be exclusive, but that one isnt. Jaguar X-Types have been around for quite a while now, you could buy one for 11-12k quite easily now :/

Mb has a Modded Bmw 325i E36, Which you would NEVER see on the road, and even when new that would cost around 34,000+ just to buy standard (although that isnt new) And even the Bmw 1 series in his photo could cost more than the Jaguar.

Just my 2 cents, Great photos all!

[E:] sorry if this post came accross badly, didn't mean too, it is your decision, just wanted to give my opinion...

[E2:] http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/JAGUAR+X-TYPE/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-169-240-4294966467-4294966979/advert.action?R=200916332510776&distance=64&postcode=m33+2pd&channel=CARS&make=JAGUAR&model=X-TYPE&min_pr=&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2001&vehicleRegLetter=51 Look at that, 2,000 pounds? and theres a lot of cars around that price too :/ hardly exclusive

That Skoda vRS's Cost around 19,000 Pounds, X-Types cost around 21,000 pounds, In the UK The jaguar is a lot more common than the Skoda, So i don't see what you mean when you say exclusive, Its the bottom jaguar, i'd agree that any other jaguar would be exclusive, but that one isnt. Jaguar X-Types have been around for quite a while now, you could buy one for 11-12k quite easily now :/

Mb has a Modded Bmw 325i E36, Which you would NEVER see on the road, and even when new that would cost around 34,000+ just to buy standard (although that isnt new) And even the Bmw 1 series in his photo could cost more than the Jaguar.

[E:] sorry if this post came accross badly, didn't mean too, it is your decision, just wanted to give my opinion...

Thank you. I've seen so many X-Types that i wouldn't even give it a 2nd look. I've only seen a vRS once. ONCE.

Anyway if he really doesn't want to accept my picture then fine. Won't waste more time taking a new picture.

EDIT: Cheapest Golf i could find of the same year/model (a Mk V?) for three thousand quid.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/VOLKSWAGEN+GOLF/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-54-144-240-4294966835-4294966886/advert.action?R=200915332349358&distance=67&postcode=m33+2pd&channel=CARS&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=GOLF&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=54

Diesel with a blown engine as standard.

[E2:] http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/JAGUAR+X-TYPE/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-169-240-4294966467-4294966979/advert.action?R=200916332510776&distance=64&postcode=m33+2pd&channel=CARS&make=JAGUAR&model=X-TYPE&min_pr=&max_pr=12000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2001&vehicleRegLetter=51 Look at that, 2,000 pounds? and theres a lot of cars around that price too :/ hardly exclusive

uhm, OMG! a jaguar of any kind is moer exclusive then a Skoda! And I have never said ANYTHING about the price of the cars in this theard! That was Speedtouch!

uhm, OMG! a jaguar of any kind is moer exclusive then a Skoda! And I have never said ANYTHING about the price of the cars in this theard! That was Speedtouch!

Woops calm down, i didnt mean to upset you :ill:

I just think that even Safiro's Lexus's are just as Exclusive as that jaguar, They cost roughly the same new and imintheshower told me the jaguar was old, so are really no differance :S

Only difference.

Jaguar is a classic brand with much history, good looking cars and they are quite exclusive.

Lexusses are just Toyota Altezza's with a Lexus badge :p

Good looking i hear you say? http://www.cwn.org.uk/motoring/jaguar/images/s-type-4.2-se-400x300.jpg :p

Lexii are the Exclusive/Expensive/better quality Toyota's :/

I'm not saying jaguar's arent exclusive, most of them are, i just don't think an old X-type is exclusive, and any different to an old lexus. This is my last post now as it really does have nothing to do with me >.<

^ The S-type isn't that ugly... :p And indeed, Lexi are not the same as Toyotas, hence the name: Luxury EXports to the US.

And I will say, it was only me who put the 'price limit' on, but ONLY as a guideline. One thing I have noticed is that some people find it hard to distinguish between a guideline and a rule. And I did say that there will be some cars that come under this guideline, that are still classed as special. And it is still Highline's final choice here.

I'm really so...upset with you guys. How can such a thing cause arrgument. It's ridiculous. I'm sure everyone can take a pic of a Golf or Astra. Why do we have to get in such details...

Argueing? :confused: We were'nt insulting each other nor being agressive, we are simply posting our opinions on the subject :)

And ST, Yeh i understand and respect highlines decision

I do hope this will be within 350kb, full size at 3001x2000 its 1.8mb rofl

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Taken with a Nikon D40 with an F-Stop of f/5.6, the ISO speed was ISO-400 with no flash, i dont understand what the f-stop and iso speed mean but i'm sure MB or Our resident red box will know :P

PS:First time entry into this =)

PPS:The car was a 2.1 Diesel Civic which did 15MPG during the sessions and 28MPG in total on the day with includes travelling there and back :P

^ Haha, our resident Red Box doesn't know much about f numbers. Basically, without going into detail, the higher the f number, the less light it will let in, and the darker it will be, so you may need to use a longer exposure time. The lower the f number also, the more blurred the background will be (don't expect huge changes here) The higher the ISO value, the brighter the photo will be, but the more grain it will have. My advice is stick to ISO200 at all times, unless absolutely necessary.

The lower the f number also - the more lens blur you may get, as it is using more of the glass inside the lens, so will show more imperfections. With the kit lens, you're best off trying to stick around f8 - but don't expect everything to be perfect instantly.

The way the f number, or aperture works is basically like an iris - it opens and closes to reveal more of the lens, and let in more light, and also allows you to focus on things closer to the lens, hence why macro lenses go down to around f1.8, and give nicely blurred background. When a lens blurs the background - it can show circular patterns etc - this is known as 'bokeh'.

I'm sure some people might add to this, but thats a basic run down of aperture and ISO. And don't expect it to be completely accurate, or complete. I ain't got no PhD yet.

^ Haha, our resident Red Box doesn't know much about f numbers.

Not true. The only time i'm unsure about f numbers is when I use them taking a photo. I never know exactly what the right aperature to use is when taking a photo which would give the best result.

I must say though, it is a bit childish to be arguing over cars which are normal cars etc.. and I wouldn't have expected it from you guys but whatever, it's over now. ;)

Alright fine. Utterly preposterous.

But who cares..... Its your call Adolf.

But i demand you to re-consider MB's picture.

A BM with a roll cage less exclusive than a X-Type?

Pfft...................... Now i've never seen that one.

EDIT: Yes you may not have said anything about price, but seeing that Jaguars are priced LOWER in the resale market than VWs, they're OBVIOUSLY less exclusive than the already non-exclusive Golf!

(i.e. MORE people can buy the Jag, making it LESS exclusive than the Golf. If you need it in black and white)

On that basis, you should reject your own picture too. Right?

Don't blame me that Jaguar makes cars that people don't want and thus accounting for its "exclusivity" :rolleyes:

Would you accept a Chevrolet then? Its common, not very exclusive. Cheap.

Then would you accept a Corvette then? Its a Chevy. If you would, its clear you have something against me.

A Mercedes Benz? You see that everyday right? Then why not an AMG? Because its the top of the range, the uber version? Then why are you allowing the vRS? Is it not the top spec, uber version Octavia?

Would you allow a Mondeo ST220? Sure! Its a Ford, its a Mondeo, and its rarer than a DB9 in the UK. Exclusivity, what it has. A Ford badge, what it also has. Does it badge determine its exclusivity? By your logic, yes it does. And since a ST220 is more exclusive than a DB9, then shouldn't a DB9 be allowed as well? I could go on forever baby.

Might as well have a theme that said "To my whim and fancy".

Quoting Baltoman here, Logic, you haz few...

I know this is going against what Highline said before me and that I probably shouldn't get involved but I felt I need to say the following.

How common or exclusive a car is all depends on which country you live in and where abouts in that country you live in. In my defense of my own entry I can say that there are plenty of Fabia VRS' around here, not including ours, they may have been classed as exclusive back in 2003 when they were only just released, but now they are two to a penny in this area. Same with Golf GTIs etc. Ok, maybe they are a bit more special because they have a 'special' badge on them. But either way they are still not premium brand makes such as Lamborghinis, obviously. They are far from exotic or special. They are average.

All I'm trying to say is that you cannot really define "post a picture of a car that is nothing special" on an international forum. It's hard enough saying that on a national forum. It all depends on where abouts in the world you live. A cars common factor and exclusivity are going to change from person to person. Because, hell, we don't all live on the same street do we?

When a Skoda Fabia, Jaguar X-Type or VW Golf are classed as special and exotic, then we'll talk.

Not flaming, just stating my opinion.

I know this is going against what Highline said before me and that I probably shouldn't get involved but I felt I need to say the following.

How common or exclusive a car is all depends on which country you live in and where abouts in that country you live in. In my defense of my own entry I can say that there are plenty of Fabia VRS' around here, not including ours, they may have been classed as exclusive back in 2003 when they were only just released, but now they are two to a penny in this area. Same with Golf GTIs etc. Ok, maybe they are a bit more special because they have a 'special' badge on them. But either way they are still not premium brand makes such as Lamborghinis, obviously. They are far from exotic or special. They are average.

All I'm trying to say is that you cannot really define "post a picture of a car that is nothing special" on an international forum. It's hard enough saying that on a national forum. It all depends on where abouts in the world you live. A cars common factor and exclusivity are going to change from person to person. Because, hell, we don't all live on the same street do we?

When a Skoda Fabia, Jaguar X-Type or VW Golf are classed as special and exotic, then we'll talk.

Not flaming, just stating my opinion.

I have to say +Rep, That is very true, I appologise for my posts in this thread as i should of taken the above into consideration.

Guest RB26DETT

aye. took the words right out my mouth.

for example, a new VW Beetle may be nothing to you but they're rare over here. might as well make the theme more specific like "daily drivers". look at my photo, y'all don't have that over there but they're everywhere here in the PI.

+rep maddog.

uhm, never Said it was the exterior that was the topic! it's the whole car, the interior was just an example! And yes, the Jaguar is more exclusive outside then the VW and the Skoda!

It's enough off-topic now! you can take a picture of what car you want to, but I can't tell you that it's gonna be in the vote theard! just like the Jaguar pic!