We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your playstations :)

superhyper

I made this thread so people can tell the stories behind their playstations :)

So let me start:

I got my first ever own gaming console in year 1999 if I remember right. It was the old PlayStation and it came with the game "Formula one". I sure have some good memories of it. I had some great games (well,at least I think they were great),including Crash Bandicoot,Spyro 2,Driver 2,Formula 1 98 and many,many,many others!

My playstation 2 is the old,fat model. Believe it or not, I got it as a christmas present on the year it was released! I was embarassed because I opened the small presents first and one of them included Tony Hawk 4 for PS2. I had wished for the PS1 one and I thought that santa had bought the wrong version :D. Then when I opened the biggest box...OMG PS2!!! It's still working great! I have bought around 30 games for it including Guitar Hero,Need for speeds from underground to carbon,Gran turismo 4 and many many others. I don't play it much anymore. I guess there's only 1 game worth getting for my PS2 and it will be Motorstorm: Arctic edge. That's my PS2 :)

And you can tell about your PSP's and PS3's also. I don't bother telling about my sisters PSP because,well,it's my sisters.

Never owned a PS1 or 3. The only console I have ever owned is a PS2 :p.

Got my first model the second Christmas it'd been out. Shared with my brother. Then got my own PS2 (the one with the intergrated remote sensor, woop!) when I completed my Sats (2005) (I think). It's broken twice but been repaired both times.

Probably own 80+ games. Most second hand, but thats the beatuy of them, cheap and they work 98% of the time :p

Guest RB26DETT

The Playstation 1 was my second console. It was an upgrade from the NES I previously had at that time. I remember getting the game Pandemonium for free with it. Til this day, I do have to say that the Playstation 1 is my favorite console of all time. I've had tons of great times playing Metal Gear Solid, Nascar 98, Need For Speed III, Ace Combat 2, Megaman Legends, etc etc... At that time, graphics weren't that important and mainly focused on gameplay and that you could play them over and over and over again. I've gone throught 2 Playstation's. Both of them broke due to the lens which was pretty expensive to repair or replace.

I got my Playstation 2 as a graduation gift from Primary School. I got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 as a free game. Pretty cool game, it was the first THPS game I played which had an open environment. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is part of my best games ever list. CLK-GTR, good times. :) My PS2 eventually gave up as something blew up internally. I sold it for scraps.

Now I have a Playstation 3 which I got just last christmas. I don't have much games. I got NBA 2K9 for free and have bought Little Big Planet and Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box a few months ago. I'm about to purchase Metal Gear Solid 4 probably this week.

PSN - jnskyliner34

leave a message who you are if you ever want to add me onto your PSN. ;)

Got my first Playstation when I was... 10 or 11 I think. This was replaced a few years later by a PS2 which I had for ages, I eventually stopped playing it as I went off gaming. After I dropped out of Uni I got pretty bored whilst job hunting so fired the PS2 back up, and stole a PS2 copy of TDU off of my brother. His mate had it on PC which featured Ferrari's and bikes (2 things missing from the PS2 version) and I was sold. I needed that game, the full one not the PS2 diet version.

I am a Mac user so therefore I had no choice but to buy a 360, and TDU has been my number one game since May of 07.

The end.

I think I got my Playstation One when I was about 10. First games I had were Vanishing Point and Spyro the Dragon. No-one could get me off that console, I went on it before school and came home played it non-stop.

Then got my Playstation Two in about 2003 which resulted in my Playstation One being given to one of my sisters friends. First games for that were The Getaway and Rocky. Suprisingly enough my Uncle and my mums partner also got a Playstation Two on the same Christmas so almost anywhere I went had a Playstation Two.

I now have an Xbox 360 in my room so my Playstation Two sat around doing hardly anything for a year before my sister saved it from the grave and it now resides in her room playing mainly DVDs.

Got my first console when i was 4, it was a NES then a year later i upgraded to a SNES then when i was 7 i got my first playstation as a Birthday present & i was hooked from there on in. Games were a bit to expensive so we got a MOD chip installed & just burnt rentals lol.

When i was 12 my mum & dad promised to pay for half of a PS2 if i could save up the other half (which i did :D). About 2 years after we had it, it died but sony replaced it.

Then about a year ago i got my PS3 used for $500 (they were still $900 in the stores) & have been loving it ever since, we like candle lit dinners, long walks along the beach & romantic fraggings in GTA 4.

oh & just the otherday i bought a White Dualshock 3 but it hasn't arrived yet in the mail.

Controller%20Dual%20Shock%203%20Ceramic%20White.jpg

[mod edit:] Discussion of illegal activities is strictly prohibited, thanks!

don't like the dual shock, i find that the shoulder bottom buttons (2) feel like there slipping from fingers, unlike the 360 shoulder buttons that have a curve-out to 'house' the index finger, trigger style, also the controller is tiny for those with larger hands...

• 4 months later...

well i had a ps one, although i think it was my dads, only games i ever remember playing were formula 1 97, destruction derby 2, road rash and road rash jailbreak.

Then got a ps2 either the christmas it came out or the christmas after and had about 30+ games. had all the need for speeds, even bought pro street on it when i had a 360, then when i got into the xbox my ps2 sat around as i had sold GTA: San Andreas :( and then i sold the ps2 about last november.

My dad has a ps3 for the blu ray which i sometimes play on, and i have the first psp that came out but im hoping to buy the new psp go when it comes out :)