We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Subaru Impreza Sound PACK!

Skepsis

Konichiva fellow members,

since most mods are lately from the land of the raising sun,no point in me missing on the party!:D I bet a lot of you are punishing those poor scoobies right now aren't you? Well I've got a treat for you,a really nice(if I may say so:cool:) boxer engine noise for you to play with. I realize there was Saladine's version around for some time,but although good,I think it's a little bit unrefined and distorted;)(not that mine is perfect,but more choice can't be bad no?)

Ok,enough blabering,there's one snag,if you use the sound on S4 like Tool intended,there's no turbo,that sucks in my book,so after a lot of bodyswaping the Scooby finaly found it's home in Merc CLK55. You'll say it's a RWD and you're right,but I'd rather have all my views/sound/look to my liking than insisting on a 4wd car. Also as you'll se in the clip,I used scandinavian flick,handbrake and other techniques to get that lazy arse to turn,which is one of TDU's bigger problems(HEAVY understeer),so it feels more like a 4wd than a rwd really!:cheeky: The pack contains the sound with BOV and also without it,and I threw in a gauge I made for myself in a hurry,it's not identical to the real thing,but it'll do for now.:)

Few notes:Sound goes to 6700rpm. If you want it to sound exactly like mine,also pick up my common file which doubles the turbo volume and mutes more or less the transmission noises.

Impreza pack@

http://files.filefront.com/Subaru+Impreza+PACKzip/;13676644;/fileinfo.html

Common.bnk@

http://files.filefront.com/Commonbnk/;13273413;/fileinfo.html

For anyone having trouble with filefront,here's the rapidshare mirror containing the pack+my common file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/227273105/Subaru_Impreza_PACK.zip

Some l33t r4lly sk1lz:cheeky::D

Now for some real skills!:eek2:(and no,I can't make the sound just like that;))

It's supposed to be the sound of a tuned impreza so it's more raspy(almost like the raly car)...anyway,I do the sounds with the samples I can get,and despite the tdu limitations. If I knew any impreza owner,I'd try to record it for real,but all the people I know drive boring cars;)so,try to enjoy it as it is...

Something like this:D(if you can hear the car from all the girly screams hehehe)

Is that common.bnk the same as the one in the Toyota Supra/Nissan GT-R sound mod thread?

Yes,it's the same one,I just remind people.:)

[mod edit:] Do not quote swearing, thanks!

Not only you make awesome sounds, but you are a gr8 driver :)

Thx!:o(and to others on nice comments!)

The fact is,TDU in HC mode is actually a decent simulation ,which would've been great if the developers had put in a little more time/effort and erased the exaggerated understeer and moon gravity,but on the other hand ,those are probably connected,so it was a flaw in the physics engine to begin with(in other words,they probably decreased gravity effect to get the sim feeling,but that came with a cost),I think:confused:. Anyway,here's hoping that TDU2 comes with the sim mode from the start and that it is fixed this time around!:thumbsup:

Very good sound mod but i cant download files ( i need your common .bnk to see if the bugs free of th rx7 not here after the replacement ).

I didn't quite get that part about the rx7,but I suppose you have some issue with filefront,so I'll put them on rapidshare too then...

p.s. There was nothing offensive in those deleted posts,just a discussion on the use of "bad"(which of course aren't bad in themselves) words in conversation without actually offending someone,but since mods think there are small kids on the forum,even our discussion got deleted according to the rules...meh...

Something's wrong with filefront, the server is under maintenance & I can't download the Subaru sounds.:(

Edit: Oh it's my stupid damn slow internet, I can't even watch the youtube video properly.:-x Is this sound better than Saladine's WRX? I would like more louder bovs.

Sorry,but open your eyes mate! There's rapidshare link in the first post precisely because of that.:oook: I don't know if it's better,but it's different and not overly loud and distorted like his(otherwise a nice sound).:cool:

Sorry,but open your eyes mate! There's rapidshare link in the first post precisely because of that.:oook: I don't know if it's better,but it's different and not overly loud and distorted like his(otherwise a nice sound).:cool:

Tell me to open my eyes ehh? Well I already downloaded from filefront anyway, it just took me longer but it worked. I like big blow off valves.;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
i´ve got a question which subaru mod youre using - at mine ist the exaut missing :D

what are you exactly asking?:confused: which vehicle mod I'm using?(one of tool's tuned impreza versions) or which sound mod?(with or without bov?)

I think this one - http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=7200

is the best Subaru WRX sound mod ever made...

wow that's classy,pointing to other sound mod in my mod thread:rolleyes: