We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2002 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph (Updated 15th Aug)

Homer_Bart

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!

The guy whom my dad bought the car from knows the RR dealer's manager well, so we managed to book a nice respray and dent knocking 2 days ago!

So now, the car is waiting for its second and last phase of repair, to fix the chipped wheelarch, and align the bumper! It's now half fixed :D

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/Homer_Bart/DSC04218.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l113/Homer_Bart/DSC04217.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone! Time for a huge update!

So apparently, the Rolls Royce will be celebrating its 10 year old birthday next February, and due to government laws on taxes (called COE for us Singaporeans), and the car's very much lack of use because of it not being an everyday car, we're flogging it in exchange for a brand new A8 4.2 LWB, or a Cayenne Turbo. Keep you guys updated!

Things are looking up! We've found a 2009 Audi S8 with only 2800km, and the dealer seems willing to trade it for the Rolls! If not, we're thinking a Cayenne II S 4.8, or a A8L 4.2, all of which are extremely good value for money! S500s are out of the question, we can easily borrow one, and the 7er's too fugly, a Maser Quattroporte Sport GTS is too uncomfy behind, the new XJL too, so we haven't got much choices :/

im not sure what the value is on one of those RR's but i'd say if i had the chance the BMW M5 would be the weapons choice, however im a BMW lover as you might have noticed...

great RR though i always pass a RR dealer in londen whenever im there and i have never driven one i bet its awesome

Things are looking up! We've found a 2009 Audi S8 with only 2800km, and the dealer seems willing to trade it for the Rolls! If not, we're thinking a Cayenne II S 4.8, or a A8L 4.2, all of which are extremely good value for money! S500s are out of the question, we can easily borrow one, and the 7er's too fugly, a Maser Quattroporte Sport GTS is too uncomfy behind, the new XJL too, so we haven't got much choices :/

I think a full size sedan would have more space than a small SUV (Cayennes, ML-Classes, etc.). I'd recommend going for the A8 rather than the S8, since such a large car doesn't have to be sporty and filling up a 12-Cylinder car will not be fun at all. I remember when I was searching for cars and I didn't give a hoot about gas mileage, but now since I've got a big V8 that gulps gas, it makes me feel bad when I want to put my foot down. At least it makes a nice sound to compensate for that :lol:. Now of course if you need that power for track days or to run away from the cops, you should get the S8 :p. I'd say check out the A8 and XJ. They'll be great all round cars.

Actually, many do not really want to accept our Rolls as a trade, because it's a Rolls after all, they may have a hard time selling it due to its small customer base. And, the dealership would have to part with a lot of money for the car, but we're keeping our options open, trade or cash, both fine!

An M5, unfortunately, has been ruled out because of its lack of rear space and entertainment, and outright luxury. As for the driving dynamics of the RR, it's not good according to my dad, heavy steering, power steering that dies when below 10kmh, and sluggish but smooth and humongous power delivery, and a lot other more faults :/

Yup sure, will upload pictures when we get the car! :)

We're really considering the S8 because of the huge number of boxes the previous owner had ticked in the option list (even has fingerprint engine start), the power it has, and the car's exclusivity, only less than 20 in Singapore! Thanks for the gas mileage advice, but we're rationalising that nothing can beat te RR's V12 gas mileage yeah? Hehe ;)

And thanks for the comments guys! Will keep you all updated, just that the salesmen/dealers all haven't gotten back to us yet regarding trade-in! Still, I foresee an exciting car will be joining the TDUC showroom page soon! ;)