We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear countdown! - 12 days - Daily spoilers from The Mole

CarMadMike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Mole’s not usually one for open self-congratulation, but since claiming yesterday on this very blog that tomorrow night’s telly show is ‘going to be the best thing that’s ever been on television ever‘, Jeremy has spilled a bean or two about the programme that makes me, well, right.

Clarkson has revealed in his Sun newspaper column today that Stig finally shows the world his face.

He said ‘the Stig barges into the studio and in an atmosphere you could cut with a knife, removes his helmet’.

‘As a television moment, it’s up there with Neil Armstrong walking on… the corpse of JR Ewing.’

So, if you needed any more persuasion to tune in at 8pm tomorrow night on BBC 2, this is it.

I have to say, i'm looking forward to tomorrow quite a bit :)

Stig To Remove Helmet TONIGHT!!

Mysterious Stig to be unveiled

Top Gear's mysterious test driver the Stig will take off his trademark white helmet and show his face to viewers for the first time.

966310478-mysterious-stig-unveiled.jpg#200,200

Presenter Jeremy Clarkson said the pre-recorded programme will include a scene where the Stig barges into the studio and removes his helmet.

Clarkson said the Stig showed his face to the camera for the first time "in an atmosphere that you could cut with a knife".

In his column in the Sun newspaper he said the show's director, who has worked in television for 25 years, said he had never seen anything like it.

He added that "hardened, emotionless camera crews said the hair on the back of their neck ".

Clarkson added: "As a television moment it's up there with Neil Armstrong walking on the...corpse of JR Ewing."

He said Stig's identity would be a "staggering surprise" to viewers.

A BBC spokesman said: "As Jeremy said, in tonight's Top Gear Stig will remove his helmet for the first time."

The Stig test drives cars around the Top Gear test track in Dunsfold Park, Surrey, and trains each week's guest for their lap for the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car feature.

Former Formula One driver Perry McCarthy was Top Gear's original Stig, who dressed all in black during the first two series. He was replaced with a new Stig, dressed in white, after he revealed his identity.

Havenht been looking in your TG spoilers thread as for thepast 3 seasons I knew virtually everything that was going to happen, so for this season I don't want to know til I watch it. Thats the same reason I haven't bought this months TG mag yet. ;)

I sure hope that Murcielago SV is some kind of funny joke from Lambo, as it's truly hideous.

Michael Schumacher == The Stig? Nah, he drove the FXX for sure, other than that, doubtful. He is bigger than Top Gear, so why would he be working for... Not gonna continue this, unless you suffer some form of mental retardation you should be able to figure out where that sentence is going.

The 1949 race was a bit.. yawn. I hope that isn't the big race of the series. (Like the DB9 vs Train, 612 vs Plane and SLR vs Boat races). Love those big races, sure hope something bigger than the SLR/Boat race is later in the series.

"Stigs" lap at the end was pretty funny, for the first 10 or so seconds, after that it became a bit stale. Fine attempt though. (Didn't the "stig" already do a Suzuki lap when they was laying that car to rest anyway? So they lied about him never doing a lap in it...)

Yeah they did lie ... according to wikipedia (yes it might not be right, but the chances are it's not)

F1 Drivers' table:

1. 1:44.4 – The Stig (II)

2. 1:44.6 – Nigel Mansell

3. 1:44.7 – Jenson Button (Hot)

4. 1:44.7 - Lewis Hamilton (Wet & Oily)

5. 1:46.0 – The Stig (I)

6. 1:46.3 – Damon Hill

7. 1:47.1 – Mark Webber (Very wet)

The 1949 race was a bit.. yawn. I hope that isn't the big race of the series. (Like the DB9 vs Train, 612 vs Plane and SLR vs Boat races). Love those big races, sure hope something bigger than the SLR/Boat race is later in the series.

After reading the Spoilers from last week, theres another race iirc, better :)

What gets me is why is the FXX at the top of the leader board????

Am I right in stating it has to be a road legal vehicle and be able to clear a speed hump??

The FXX is a race car that ferrari looks after and only lets you drive on a track meaning it isn't a road car. Also I very much doubt it could clear a sleeping policeman.

But it was an absolute blinding lap none the less.

This is also why I can't understand why the VW W12 i think it was is on the board as it sits so low to the ground it wouldn't go over a speed bump either.