We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari FXX Sound

Kurgan777

Guest turbo lag

Can't the sounds be directly ripped from the YT videos? What I usually do for sounds is, download the video, then simply convert to an audio file. It'll get rid of the video and keep only sounds.

Can't the sounds be directly ripped from the YT videos? What I usually do for sounds is, download the video, then simply convert to an audio file. It'll get rid of the video and keep only sounds.

There is no way that it's that simple. Believe me, if it were that simple, I'd have made a lot more mods by now and they'd all sound way better >_>

You need to get a sample with a continuous pitch and volume, which is difficult when the engine is revving quickly (or even accelerating slowly). The car basically needs to be on a dyno (which is bad because of the whirring) or at a standstill, holding a constant RPM - and very few videos are like that.

Alright, I know, it's taken me several days to even give any kind of progress statement - I have been busy with a few other things, but I will work on this when I find time. Conveniently, I have some time right now so I will be working on this. Sorry for the delay. :)

It's a good sound, nice smooth transitions, but not for the FXX.

It would sound good on a stock Enzo, because it sounds like it's got a full set of catalytic converters and mufflers on it, but the FXX is an open exhaust track car, no cats, no mufflers, which is why it screams like an F-1 car.

That might even be a better place to get samples, find some of the old Ferrari V-12 Formula 1 engine sounds from before 1995 when they were still using that engine.

I can kick up the volume and add a little additional distortion, if that's what you want. I have no idea where to dig up samples of Ferrari F1 cars. >_> (YouTube doesn't work, btw, because the samples won't loop properly.)

I might be able to dig something up from GTR2 or something that might help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, look here please.

This

is a sound from inside, and this
is an awesome sound of screaming eshaust of FXX.

That's whuy, the sound of Ferrari FXX must be loud, but very screaming too)(loos like a Ferrari 360 Challange Stradale sound, but more higher screaming))

• 10 years later...
I disliked erroneous Enzo FXX sound so i spent numerous hours learning and trying to make my sound mod. I based it on the sounds from this video

The resulting sound is not stereo (i think the TDU1 needs mono). Also somehow the Audacity software which i used was unable to amplify the volume of the imported .mp3 more without loss of quality, thus the resulting quality is a rubbish. Note also erroneous looping in high speed and RPM due to my soundtrack start and end is different (i may hopefully attempt to fix it and beside that also replace "default" sounds when gas pedal is not pushed).

In this mod i only worked with 3 sound tracks for RPM where gas pedal is pushed, rest 3 when pedal is not pushed i left default for now.

For each track i changed pitch (option in the Audacity - so the sound is different in various RPM. One can change pitch and the speed. When changing speed, then one needs very long steady sound which may be problem to find on the internet. One may edit the sound manually, but it is too difficult and time consuming to return something good. Better to use long sound track and find part with steady RPM from beginning to the end. Tutorial on how to mod the TDU1 car sounds.

Video featuring original TDU1 FXX sound HERE
Video featuring my modified TDU1 FXX sound HERE

PS: if you dislike my work, i invite you to make a better sound mod for this car as this car really deserve it guys 👌

HERE actual .bnk file (last updated 5/16/2020) needed to apply my sound mod. (need to be added to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules backing up original)
Edited by postcd