We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Grin116: Lamborghini Diablo SV

Grin116

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on the distance and shadow models now.

I've finished the smoothing on the interior and exterior, made a custom low poly interior including seats and steering wheel, but I still need to seperate out the high poly interior. I might even model the stereo and environmental controls.

That's exactly how you bodyswap, rename the files to whatever car you want to replace.

One thing about replacing spyders with hardtops though.....if you use the driver's view, you're going to hear the wind noise.

After going over the specs for the car, the closest performance match in the game, is the Farboud, it has the same 0-60 time as the SV, and it's only 1 MPH different in top speed, and if I remember correctly, the Farboud is in the game by default.

I see too many cars where the view from in the cockpit is moved to the left. I hope that will get fixed as well.

It's usually only a problem on cars that are extremely wide.

There's two ways to fix it, one of which causes more bugs than it fixes.

The bugged up way is to actually move or twist the model in the 3-D program until the view is centered for a specific car in the game. This has the negative effect of screwing up the hood view and all the external views, and if you bodyswap the car onto something else, it causes even more problems.

The best way is to play around with the camera options until you find one that centers the view on the steering wheel.

This car shouldn't really be a problem once it's done because it has the same wheelbase and rear width as the Murcielago Roadster, so that camera should work, and if it doesn't, the Countach camera might work. Either way I'll definitely be testing different camera views and IK settings until I find the best one.

Hi Kurgan, i wanted to ask about that wheel base again, your making them smaller than the First Ver. is, when your done and Grin is on Ver.2 Cant i use them Bigger wheels in Back, i like them more on the New Body, you Redid and Smoothed,? Will it still work? what are all parts do i have readd in the Car.Bnk File, to do this? Just for my Bigger wheels on the, new Redone Body when your done, that is (Mouthfull huh) ok :cool: Wished it still work is what i mean,.?

Ps Thx for all the Info also

One thing about replacing spyders with hardtops though.....if you use the driver's view, you're going to hear the wind noise.

That's just because the convertible cars spawn with the windows open by default, rather than closed like the hardtop cars.

Simple fix, close the windows, lol. ;)

The Diablo lettering and Bull logo....

Logos.jpg

Low poly distance/shadow model.....

Low-Poly.jpg

The low poly model is currently at 8226 triangles without the engine cover, which was 9500 by itself in the high poly model. I hope to keep it under 10,000 total, and the shadow model might get even lower than that.

Kurgan. Just to let you know incase you didn't already know... Even with the magic map, there are still size limitations. To me, it looks like if you put that model into TDU now, the game'll crash.

As I said, just to let you know.