We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show your phone!

superhyper

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to end my rubbish service with 3 and go with Telstra Next G so that I can actually use the Internet, so I'll wait and see what deals/caps present themselves when Telstra start advertising the phone.

If I'm not mistaken June 1 (today) = the start of Q3 :)

I read a Telstra blog saying July for them - so they're probably testing a few addon features since they know quite a few will want the ultimate phone on the ultimate network, without any glitches.

I've heard Optus will have it in June though. It's a shame the first batch won't have NFC chips in them though. Maybe I should try and buy one overseas (although I presume there's a lot of dodgy dealers out there).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Touch screen will always suck IMO. I had Nokia C6 with touch screen for about 5 months, and after that time I say no to touch screens :D I've sold it and I bought Sony Ericsson K850i about week ago. It's my 2nd K850i, I had one from 2007 to 2010 :D.

I only love good touchscreens like the one from the iphone, those nokia screens are not so good.

oh btw, i've got the iphone 4 :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having never owned a smartphone before, I don't know whether you can change the keyboard? It's annoying and the full stop gets in the way all the time.

Also, my friend made his background be able to pan the image if you scroll between pages. Do you know how to do that?

Oh and Ryzza, say I want to copy music onto my phone, do I just plug it in and drag and drop? What do i do?

:P Thanks.

First thing you should do is head over to YouTube so you can find out what your phone is capable of and how to do it.

If there is anything you don't like about the phone (software), head over to the Andoird Marketplace, since you can fix pretty much anything you don't like (i.e. keyboard). I've kept the default keyboard as it uses Swype, which makes typing long messages very quick'n'easy.

for music, yes just connect via USB to the Computer, and drag'n'drop. There is no set folder - you can choose where and how to store/organise your music, and Android will search for it and add it to your library. There are apps to mark fodlers as 'not containing media' so that they don't get scanned. There are also other music players (i.e. PowerAmp is good). If You've got Wifi at home, definately give Samsung KiesAir a go - makes downloading/uploading stuff from/to your phone very easy. I use it for grabbing photos, etc.

Also, if you've got Ebay you might want to get one of these: Premium Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy S2/SII i9100 | eBay

It allows you to connect your USB stick to your phone to read/write files from there. I use it to copy movies to my phone. You can also use it to connect a keyboard and mouse, I think. There's plenty more you can do, but you can find that on YouTube or just browse the app store (plety of free stuff there - I've not spent a cent in the marketplace yet) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah batteries haven't improved as much as other tech in recent years - plus having the slimmest and lightest phone means you're restricted in how much much battery juice you can squeeze in there.

Anyway, it all depends on how often your phone connects to the Internet to sync your Gmail, etc, and watching videos (or keeping the screen on for extended period of time) can make a big difference to battery life.

With all the syncing stuff on I would get maybe 30 hours battery life (heavy use as well), so I would just stick the phone on charge when I went to bed each night. I've since turned the auto-sync off, and get about 40+ hours now (although i still charge every night as routine). I still sync my work email and have IM signed in 24/7 (mostly for Milli's convenience) :p and am still loving the phone.

You can buy secondary batteries and docks/chargers if you wish. You can even double the battery life by buying a 3200mha battery + case - but it makes the phone fat and ugly.