We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Uk Users: Satellite, Cable or Digital Terrestrial?

Baldy

Which one do you have? Or which do you long to have?

Sky for me can't beat the choice of programming available, love being able to record at the touch of a button and of course HD, which is just building content wise. Not looking forward to the new EPG but we'll see if my Samsung box survives.

Sky here too, because my family watches a fair amount of sport and there really isn't another option. I have the HD package and it's nice from time to time but I barely make use of it. So BBC, about time we did some Top Gear in HD isn't it?!

Only drawback is it's quite pricey, about £45 a month with our packages.

Sky here too, because my family watches a fair amount of sport and there really isn't another option. I have the HD package and it's nice from time to time but I barely make use of it. So BBC, about time we did some Top Gear in HD isn't it?!

Only drawback is it's quite pricey, about £45 a month with our packages.

Yes it is about time. We have Dragons Den in HD for some reason, but not Top Gear. And yeah at £43 a month, it's not the cheapest thing around.

Sky aswell, bit of a waste as my family dosn't watch that much TV but oh well. Sky+ is a masterpiece, though we got it in multi-room just after I bought my dvd recorder, but oh well. Got HD downstairs aswell which is ok but not really needed as sky sports pictures is great at the moment (went really down hill last year) but useing it for films is great.

I'm not 100% sure what I have, lol.

We have a sky box but we aren't registered with sky, so you get the same channels as Freeview (ish, no Dave), but without having to pay anything. To be honest most of the channels are just full of rubbish, I mainly watch BBC stuff anyway.

Might be called freesat. No idea.

Aye, that's why I was confused.

Once we got a whole month of full Sky for free, we thought we had messed the system up somehow. Turns it was just a trial period that they never told us about.

To be honest I didn't miss the full Sky, sure you get alot of channels but most of them are garbage.