We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU MegaPack!?

Hey,

My friend just brought the MegaPack and has given it to me to put on my PC, but I was wondering, do u need the Megapack CD to run TDU after u install it or do u still use the original base game CD or do u have to use the MegaPack CD?

Can someone please reply ASAP?! :cry:

Thanks!

RD

I believe the Megapack key can only be registered to one copy of the game at a time anyway, or at least only one account is allowed online at any one time. I recommend you buy your own copy.

I believe the Megapack key can only be registered to one copy of the game at a time anyway, or at least only one account is allowed online at any one time. I recommend you buy your own copy.

IDK that! Damn!

But wait!?

What if I just use my TDU CD Key? From the original game?

So what if I install the original game (Again) then install the megapack, then us the original CD key.

Could this be why when I tried last night I couldn't go "online"? Because my friends already used it? So what if I use the original key?

Cheers,

RD

that wouldn't work, Devil.

TDU's key is on a different codebase to the Megapack key. If you have the same key in for the game and the MP, your account/Key would be banned.

What do u mean by banned? U mean this account? But I read elsewhere that someone did that and it worked fine! They used the same code for the base game and they were able to access online with the MP.

I'll give it a go...

RD

If you use your TDU CD key for your Megapack CD key, you will get banned from the TDU servers by Atari.

How is that possible? I've done nothing wrong! I'm using a legit copy of the game!

Hell, there's much worse out there, there is like torrents to download the megapack, trust me, they would have more over them than me.

I have legal copies they don't they (peeps who download the torrent version) aren't! That's illegal what I'm doing isn't.... right?

But I would like to see them ban me cause I would have somethings to tell them.... :mad:

RD

no no, it doesn't work like that.

It won't work because people could just use the same key as their TDU and save themselves the cost of the megapack, which would cause a financial loss for Atari.

But if you try and use the same key as your TDU game, don't come crying to us when you get banned.

no no, it doesn't work like that.

It won't work because people could just use the same key as their TDU and save themselves the cost of the megapack, which would cause a financial loss for Atari.

But if you try and use the same key as your TDU game, don't come crying to us when you get banned.

What is your problem? I'm new here and your go off at me! You edit my posts (cause I eitehr qouted an image or posted twice, half an hour apart) and now this.

"But if you try and use the same key as your TDU game, don't come crying to us when you get banned." Your a mod, show some respect!

And FYI, how would they know? eh? So what? Do I use teh code that came with MP or my code? Or do I find one from google?

RD

When you buy the Megapack you are given what is called a Multiplayer Key, this Key has to be activated and will register to your game's serial code also.

ok wat?! :confused:

So I've got the mega pack, and this "key" but if I use it will me friend be able to use it too? So this Key has to be activated and will register to my game's serial code also? So why can't I just use the TDU key I got? I have read on google that many, MANY peeps have been able to use the mega pack just by using their original TDU CD code, need I supply you with a PM link?

RD

Wow! quit being so hostile. I'm in no way having a go at you. You're adamant that you're right in this. We've seen it happen before, hence why we're giving you this information. I edit your posts because you breach the rules, that's all. I admit, the "don't come crying to us" statement was a little harsh, but I'm trying to drum it into you that what you think is right, isn't right.

If you use the key, your friend will NOT be able to use the key at the same time. Atari's servers will detect it and ban that key.

Listen to us and you'll save yourself a lot of grief

Wow! quit being so hostile. I'm in no way having a go at you. You're adamant that you're right in this. We've seen it happen before, hence why we're giving you this information. I edit your posts because you breach the rules, that's all. I admit, the "don't come crying to us" statement was a little harsh, but I'm trying to drum it into you that what you think is right, isn't right.

If you use the key, your friend will NOT be able to use the key at the same time. Atari's servers will detect it and ban that key.

Listen to us and you'll save yourself a lot of grief

I edit your posts because you breach the rules, that's all.

FYI, That's doesn't make sense, I didn't double post! That was about 1/2hr apart, it I did it like 5 minutes later, yeah I agree but come on.

And stop getting all huffy with me! Wow! quit being so hostile, wat u mean by that? TBH, I think u need to calm down and stay out of my posts, why can't u say it like Diablo or Mellboob, why do u have top bve "rude" I've been a member for 1 day and I already dislike you... now how do I decrese someone rep?

RD

Thanks for the laugh! I appreciate it

Right. enough with the pleasantries.

Quoting images is against the rules. I fixed that so your post didn't break the rules.

"stop getting so hostile" means pretty much what you're doing right now. You're blatantly giving everything you have negatively in my direction.

I will only "stay out of your posts" if you follow the rules, that's what a moderator does; moderates a post should it breach the rules.

I'm not being rude at all, perhaps you've had a bad day and need someone to take it out on. I'm a pretty calm guy, I very rarely have explosive outbursts.

If you don't like me, that's your problem. I can't argue against that seeing as it's your own decision.

As for decreasing someone's rep. You can't do it. See that "rep power" thing underneath your avatar? That's how many points you'd add/take off should you choose to -/+ rep anyone. You wouldn't make the slightest difference. Whereas I, should I choose to, could batter you down to -18 points (note I said 18, because new members start on 10 points). I won't do that because I'm not that kind of guy.

So please. Stop arguing, stop flaming, accept that the rules of this forum may be slightly harsher than other forums, but it's just for the members' benefit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right. enough with the pleasantries.

Quoting images is against the rules. I fixed that so your post didn't break the rules.

"stop getting so hostile" means pretty much what you're doing right now. You're blatantly giving everything you have negatively in my direction.

I will only "stay out of your posts" if you follow the rules, that's what a moderator does; moderates a post should it breach the rules.

I'm not being rude at all, perhaps you've had a bad day and need someone to take it out on. I'm a pretty calm guy, I very rarely have explosive outbursts.

If you don't like me, that's your problem. I can't argue against that seeing as it's your own decision.

As for decreasing someone's rep. You can't do it. See that "rep power" thing underneath your avatar? That's how many points you'd add/take off should you choose to -/+ rep anyone. You wouldn't make the slightest difference. Whereas I, should I choose to, could batter you down to -18 points (note I said 18, because new members start on 10 points). I won't do that because I'm not that kind of guy.

So please. Stop arguing, stop flaming, accept that the rules of this forum may be slightly harsher than other forums, but it's just for the members' benefit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Was that directed at me? What r u 5?

I'm not being rude at all, perhaps you've had a bad day and need someone to take it out on. I'm a pretty calm guy, I very rarely have explosive outbursts, I don't have a problem, I haven't had a bad day, if at all a GREAT one but I come here trying to find out help & you go off at m,e just because I'm sharing my friends game & wat, bankrupting Atari $20?!

And Tdu_Hedge93, is that supposes to be funny? What's wrong with sharing, isn't that what friends are for, to share games and stuff? We've been doing it for years (Sharing games).

Anyway, what I came to find out I've found out, so I'm going to unistall the MP cause I want my friend to play it, as he bought it so I'll just play it on his end when I visit, and to stop this found ganging up on me for sharing....

and FYI, this forum is OTT, how the duce is qouting picture, by mistake mind you, break forum rules?!

It's like some kind of mad world, u do one thing wrong and it like your murdered someone!

Cheers

RD

=-=-=-=-

Oh BTW,

Just to let you know it's not my fault I have to double post.

For some reason, IDK why but I can't use the edit post or quick reply function, I've tried everything with my cookies & whatever but doesn't help so that's the only way I can "amend" my posts by double posting!

Must be a forum bug then cause I can us the quick reply & edit of other forums but not on this one.... :ill:

RD

[mod edit] "amended" your posts

Put it this way.

If sharing with friends was allowed in the world of DRM. DRM wouldn't exist. You will ALWAYS get someone who says "the world is my friend" That's how piracy begins.

As for quoting a picture. If you were to read the rules, you'd see it written there in black (grey) and white.

Quoting a picture is not permitted because it puts an unnecessary strain on the server, and Diablo (Our resident insane admin/site owner) wishes to reduce this strain as much as possible, to save money.

EDIT:

Quick reply is that little box at the very bottom of the page. All the quick reply button does is make life easier, and automatically goes to the end of the page.

As for the edit, I'm looking into it.

Put it this way.

If sharing with friends was allowed in the world of DRM. DRM wouldn't exist. You will ALWAYS get someone who says "the world is my friend" That's how piracy begins.

As for quoting a picture. If you were to read the rules, you'd see it written there in black (grey) and white.

Quoting a picture is not permitted because it puts an unnecessary strain on the server, and Diablo (Our resident insane admin/site owner) wishes to reduce this strain as much as possible, to save money.

EDIT:

Quick reply is that little box at the very bottom of the page. All the quick reply button does is make life easier, and automatically goes to the end of the page.

As for the edit, I'm looking into it.

That's it... your sure now how to win over members. I'm deleting my account ,I can't put up with this SMART a** comments!

I'm new, never been on a forum before, and by this past experice nor will again!

and what's DRM? I have friends, we share games, I've prob obly bough 3 games in my life and got my others from friends!

I don't spend my life on teh PC, I spend it with friends, and we just trade games, which is ok to do!

but good work u boob :p I'm leaving!

Sorry to hear that, but rules are rules mate.

I admit, this forum is harsh. But that's just the way it is.

DRM is Digital Rights Management. Introduced in an effort to combat piracy.

PS. Reporting a post isn't going to do anything, seeing as I can see everything you type in there. Calling me a "mop??" isn't the smartest of things now, is it?

Sorry to hear that, but rules are rules mate.

I admit, this forum is harsh. But that's just the way it is.

DRM is Digital Rights Management. Introduced in an effort to combat piracy.

PS. Reporting a post isn't going to do anything, seeing as I can see everything you type in there. Calling me a "mop??" isn't the smartest of things now, is it?

That's a typo, I met mod I hit P my mistake ok.

and FYI I don't hate this forum, it's you, there have been 2 other modes here and both have been nice. Diablo and the other boob guy ;) But you, you've just ganged up on me, shame on you. But as a mod u represent the forum as a whole and quite frankly u've embarassed it!

You know, I'm not going to waste and more bandwith on this issue. You're obviously hating me for being too harsh. End of story. Get used to it.

From now on, there will be no interaction from me. Only to delete the entire thread, or edit out any profanity. There will be no further replies from me from this point onwards. Goodbye.

You know, I'm not going to waste and more bandwith on this issue. You're obviously hating me for being too harsh. End of story. Get used to it.

From now on, there will be no interaction from me. Only to delete the entire thread, or edit out any profanity. There will be no further replies from me from this point onwards. Goodbye.

Thank you! If you do that, I'm not going to leave cus this is a cool place, but some peeps just to harsh.... ;)

And pardon me? what?

"Get used to it" Oh that's very well played, how on earth did u become a mod?

If u delete this fine but at least you know how I feel :D

Cheers,

RD

To contradict my self about not posting again... I'll happily apologise if I have offended you in any/many ways. I will. But allow me to give you some advice. You don't have to take it, but I recommend it. Try to accept that sometimes on a forum things might get hairy (such as this thread) and the majority of the time, arguments are caused by misreading things. I'm not going to say I'm right and I'm not going to say I'm wrong. But from MY perspective, I've done nothing differently to what I usually do, except fuelling an argument by responding. You are the first member to openly complain about me, which is fine, but as I say; You are the first.

If the worst comes to the worst and you REALLY want to get rid of me, just add me to your ignore list and I will disappear!

Every member is a valued member here, and my perspective of you is still the same as any other member. Even with this fiasco, I don't hate your guts and want to ban you. As I said before, I'm just not that kind of guy.

Perhaps if we forget about this discussion and start fresh? Would you prefer that, or anything else you would want. Members are valuable to TDU:C (as we wouldn't exist without them!) and I respect each and every one of them.

Thoughts?