We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My new scooter

hpluls

Just got it today. It's a 2008 SYM Symply 50 which cost 4300 PLN (about 2x the price of a no-name scooter from a supermarket, but infinitely better build quality :p). It's my first very own motor vehicle :D

I've already driven about 30 km on it (the distance from the showroom to our house, lol :p) and it's a great vehicle, I only had one problem when the engine randomly turned off :eek: Hopefully that won't happen again.

Nice scooter. I kinda like scooters, go anywhere in Europe and you find practically the whole youth mobalised by them. It's quite funny actually, when I was in the Greek Islands last year I'd see some of the prettiest and most immaculately turned out girls on .... scooters. It was odd but also nice in humble way.

[/ramble]

Anywho, enjoy your freedom! :)

Thanks for commenting guys :D

@ tWm.: Yeah they're getting more and more popular over here, there's several of them in my town already :p

@ Tim: Hmm... What's the minimal age at which you can drive a scooter in the UK? Over here you can drive them at 13, as long as the engine displacement doesn't exceed 50 cc and the top speed is limited to 45 km/h.

Pretty vehicle u got there. Love the red/black combination. When I was a teen I could only choose between an rather expensive Vespa and dirt chip but hopelessly fugly Tomos APN6 (Slovenia).

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/TomosAPN6.jpg

I chose none :sulk:. Now there's a tons of these. Congratz!

And take care, there's lots of maniacs driving out there....

(couldn't help myself, even I sound like ur parents :D)

What are the helmet regulations over there?

Pretty vehicle u got there. Love the red/black combination. When I was a teen I could only choose between an rather expensive Vespa and dirt chip but hopelessly fugly Tomos APN6 (Slovenia).

I chose none :sulk:. Now there's a tons of these. Congratz!

And take care, there's lots of maniacs driving out there....

(couldn't help myself, even I sound like ur parents :D)

What are the helmet regulations over there?

The helmet needs to be homologated to use on motor vehicles... I don't think there are more specific regulations.

Oi, Congrats brotha :O

Have fun :D

Or else.... :evil:

Thanks brotha :D

The sponge hates mopeds with a passion...

But at least I can't hear you over here :D Hope you upgrade soon :p

Lol, I'll upgrade the muffler so that you can hear me :evil:

The helmet needs to be homologated to use on motor vehicles... I don't think there are more specific regulations
hmmm...:confused: no specific regulations about helmet color matching the color of bike?? Odd...:cheeky:

Anyway, I wanna see ur helmet in red/black as well!

v.nice ped there although personally id get rid of the helmet compartment thing on the back. i was on the verge of buyin a moped but i figured that when id applied for my liscence done my test and everything ill near enough be 17 so now im just waiting till march when ill be driving and i seriously cannot wait.

i wish they were as cool in the UK as they seem to be in every other EU country.

Yea there seems to be a stigma attached to mopeds in the UK. It's the whole "keeping up with the Joneses" attitude we have over here, having to own this that and the other, where as the teens in the rest of Europe don't care how they get to places, all they care is that they get there and that the party is amazing.

You'll see this a lot out in the Mediterranean, all the kids use them to get around. Having a status symbol such as a decent car doesn't seem to rank as highly for them as it does for us

i like vespas, they're very, very cool, or infact, anything with a 4 stroke engine, but the sound of 2 stroke whine around every bus station and mcdonalds in the land is enough to drive anyone insane, being stuck behind something which does 30 and makes a lot of noise in the process is tedious!

• 9 months later...

Wow only 4300PLN (1042€) for that Scoot?

That's what a No-Name Scooter costs here.

But it looks nice, even if i don't like 4strokes.

I've got a Peugeot Jetforce with ~10hp which costs 10727PLN (2600€) new, but i only paid 1237PLN (300€) hehehe =)

Hope You'll have fun with it

Thanks for the comments ;) Which reminds me, I really should get around to getting it out of the garage... Haven't used it this year yet due to bad weather and lack of time.

Can you post a video of yourself riding it?

I don't really have one, and if I tried to make one, it would probably be Failblog-worthy :lol: