We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PhoTW: Week 27 Entry

Speed

Week 27

Rules:

• Photo MUST be taken by you.
  • No Voting for yourself!
  • Photos should be within the limits, which means - not bigger than 800x640 and 350 kb.
  • The winner chooses the next week's theme. If someone wins twice in a row, the person they voted for chooses the next theme.
  • If you post more than one photo, you must tell us which one you'll enter with. If you don't, the first photo that you've posted will be entered.
  • Photos cannot be used twice for two different subjects.
  • The photo must be taken within the last month.
  • Your photo must follow the theme. The person who chose the theme has ultimate control over whether a photo gets entered or not - there will be no arguing over whether a photo is acceptable.

This week's theme:

Urban Pictures

Any picture taken within an urban environment is acceptable.

Closing Date :

Sunday, 16th August

Entrants:

1. HappyTreeFriend

2. oldi

3. yoe_driver

4. Baldred

5. CarboyZR1

6. Variodical

7. Y00 PAY

8. TDU 505

9. tdu66

10. zo6dude

11. EyeKatcher

12. Car Freak

I will give a try here but i'm not a good photographer, hm...interesting photo

eo7pt1u9rtkxcdid4ihi.jpg

@edit: ah..it was taken in Warsaw city Poland, "Trasa Siekierkowska" entry viaducts. Very old HP 3.2 MP in use.

@HappyTreeFriend - nice shot! i love this city & mountains region, uwielbiam to miasto - dawno temu byłem tam ale planuję odwiedzić jeszcze raz ;)

@HappyTreeFriend - nice shot! i love this city & mountains region, uwielbiam to miasto - dawno temu byłem tam ale planuję odwiedzić jeszcze raz ;)

Thanks :D Ja tam już drugi rok z rzędu byłem ;) (It's the second time in a row I've been there).

Couple of nice entries guys, although HTF, i don't think yours fits the theme.

Hmm... I might take a new one today ;)

To be honest, for this week it really doesn't matter when the photo was taken... Alright I suppose some form of limit must be in place: Any photo taken in 2009

If you're going to do that you might aswell have no limit at all.

PhOTW is becoming more about rules and less about taking creative and interesting photos.

I agree, does it really matter when the photo was taken, it should be about the photo itself, the more people that use archive will encourage other people to go out and take more creative photo's to try and get 1st place, plus it will also encourage more entrants

Oh 1 solution is to open your picture in Paint, then go to Save or Save As and either overwrite it or save it as another copy and the picture should be drastically reduced in size without significant loss in detail ;)

Or you can open the pic in IrfanView, GIMP, Photoscape or any other free program and save the pic at the quality of ~90% or smaller. I recommend the last of these mentioned ;)