We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Conversion from WR2 to TDU

Ace8

from the raw theorie its possible to convert from WR2 to TDU.

Lucky there a boucne of walls you migth crash into. The first one is the file opeing protection of costum models. I'm glad that it exsists for wr2. So people can't blindly rip models from wr2 to other games. At last I know all of TomWins realse are fully prtected.

from the raw theorie its possible to convert from WR2 to TDU.

Lucky there a boucne of walls you migth crash into. The first one is the file opeing protection of costum models. I'm glad that it exsists for wr2. So people can't blindly rip models from wr2 to other games. At last I know all of TomWins realse are fully prtected.

Yet we all rip stuff from all games left, right and center... :rolleyes:

At last I know all of TomWins realse are fully prtected.

:cool: Unless you talk to him like i do.. And can get permission.

Yet we all rip stuff from all games left, right and center...

Yes exactly but not actual 'Mods' that people create. You can't really ask EA for car models to use cause they would say "Go screw yourself" etc. Or they would try and sue your arse.

Thats why with mods a locking protection is always handy.

---------------------

Anyways, the Audi R8 V10 was from World Racing 2 from TomWin, except built from other games (NFS, GTR Evo) still looks great though aswell the Ferrari 360 Spider was too, only downside of WR2 cars is the interiors are sometimes cut from the middle depending on car. Also really makes it hard to make doors open etc.

Oh and ontop of that sometimes mostly they have no bodylines, only used as a texture sometimes. Which looks crap.

Yes exactly but not actual 'Mods' that people create. You can't really ask EA for car models to use cause they would say "Go screw yourself" etc. Or they would try and sue your arse.

Thats why with mods a locking protection is always handy.

I think that for many WR2 cars the locking mechanism is a bit redundant because you might as well take the model from somewhere else (like the game they originally came from), it's the same model just with different materials, names, etc. There are many cars in WR2 converted from NFS and TDU which are just straight conversions. In fact I'd not even touch WR2 models because they're not in separate parts and this makes it way harder to convert to other games. A stolen model might end up in the likes of Turbosquid but only people without a clue would fall for the scam. But the password system is still there to protect some other cars which have to be protected (since they're not available anywhere else) like the R8 V10 you converted with TomWin's permission.

More worrying is mod theft within the community IMO. It takes a lot of skill to convert to those new games and seeing some random dumbass claim someone else's work as his is a little bit disgusting. I don't know how to convert cars to TDU but I imagine it's pretty hard with all the features and restrictions.

It takes a lot of skill to convert to those new games and seeing some random dumbass claim someone else's work as his is a little bit disgusting. I don't know how to convert cars to TDU but I imagine it's pretty hard with all the features and restrictions.

Yeah it is very hard, I make it look easy to a lot of people but most go out buy zmodeler and then email me on a guide to do it well its just stupid honestly. Thats why i lock my work, much as they are from Juiced, nfs etc etc I do make changes on them in order for it not to be a direct import, otherwise you cannot lock it (Its a rule on TDUC now)

I think we've gone abit offtopic? :cheeky:

I´ve asked TomWin for permission for the Diablo SV Model, he said I should contact the original author. And the original author said first he want to see some of my mods I made for TDU before and now I´m going to finish my M6 (I´m going to finish it since some months, the exterior is nearly finished) so I can get permission for the Diablo SV:)

I do not like to hear rules about locking. But that something else.

The mmodels that got listed. I know the orginal autors. And I belive Tomwin will send who ever asks to the orginal autos from the NFSCars modeling community. With a bit luck are the people still around and read messages. (most veteran modelrs left NFS behind when it became not so good...)

Also in my Oppinion always convert from orginal source not from a converted convert version.

I´ve asked TomWin for permission for the Diablo SV Model, he said I should contact the original author. And the original author said first he want to see some of my mods I made for TDU before

:lol: I bet its the same Diablo im aiming for to get aswell..