We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hardcore Mode?

RX_37

Well im gonna get right to it...

I can not understand how anyone can drive this game in hardcore mode. I mean, have you actually driven a real car and still find HC Mode good? That thing is the worst thing anyone could have ever thought up for TDU!

And then everyone goes: Oh yea, im pro at TDU. i can drift my car (in HC Mode) for miles and miles with the clutch pressed and at 10 km/h. Anyone can do that. If you were really good you would do it in the Normal Mode.

Not even a supercar like a Ferrari is that easy to drive, which most of you wouldn't know because you havent driven one and you probably think its the easiest thing in the world. I can't say i have driven one either but atleast im a realist.

The driving in HC Mode is so damn unreal that if cars would handle like that in real life, they would BAN cars from existing because everyone would die in a crash as soon as they drove anywhere. I mean, the handling, the brakes.... Just NO! There is no realism in that.

And if anything, this is atleast trying to be, a driving/racing simulator, and then they go mess everything up like that with the HC Mode.

Where is the point of having realistic car mods like that LP640, if you ruin everything with the worst handling ever made for a game?

And no one can rly argue with that because that is the truth. Want proof, go outside and drive a real car and compare it to HC Mode. lol...

mod edit: Watch your language please.

Some people (like me) like HC a lot better than normal mode. I know I will never go back to arcade mode again. And, even though I have never driven a real car in my life, I think (or know) I'd prefer HC mode handling over cars that are practically glued to the road even when you go over a hill in 200+ mph. :ill:

And btw, don't swear.

And no one can rly argue with that because that is the truth. Want proof, go outside and drive a real car and compare it to HC Mode. lol...

No, it's your opinion. Opinion and fact are not the same thing.

And I disagree with your post. I myself prefer to use hardcore mode on TDU and I know other people, like yourself prefer not to use it.

Many people prefer different things and that's your opinion. Good for you for outing it and telling everyone your thoughts. But you can't expect people not to argue at this because some people love the physics in HC mode and they drive it because it feels much better than the normal mode. If you don't like it just drive in the normal mode. Don't have to get too frustrated.

I prefer HCM due to the fact the car has weight to it (except in the air) and also you cannot instantly pull left or right at 200mph to avoid traffic, you have to lead the car. Yes it's quite unrealistic in most aspects but the weight is the one thing I like.

Also just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong.

I would VERY much prefer to understeer into a tree rather than pathetically turn at 150mph round a 90 degree corner with very little oversteer. I would prefer to let the tail hang out rather than having it stick to the road like a magnet.

As Mellors said, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but "one man's rubbish is another man's treasure" comes to mind. I, personally, HATE normal mode with a fiery passion.

Hardcore mode is way more realistic than the normal mode.

It is a VIDEO GAME so therefore, it's not going to be like driving a real car.

And I'm not trying to be rude but, REGARDING REGULAR MODE, YOU SHOULD GO DRIVE A CAR AND COMPARE THAT TO REAL LIFE.

It goes both ways and I can tell you, Hardcore mode is way better than the regular mode...

But, this is my opinion and I hope that it's respected. :)

Don't have to get too frustrated.

I'm not, i just told you what i think of it.

I would prefer to let the tail hang out rather than having it stick to the road like a magnet.

But that's what supercars do today. That's the whole point of them.

Way to state you "OPINION" as fact bro

Don't call me stupid, i never called you stupid. There is a freedom of expression on this forum too.

It goes both ways and I can tell you, Hardcore mode is way better than the regular mode...

Yes, that's your opinion. And im not saying the Normal Mode is good either but to me the traction is more realistic than the HCM.

But that's what supercars do today. That's the whole point of them.

You stated that the point of supercars is to slide out the back end.

As far as I know, supercars, such as Ferrari and Lamborghini, are a just name and people pay for a NAME. Not to slide out the back end.

And also, if you have played Midnight Club L.A., then you'd know that the handling is horrible. Too arcadish. The handling without (H) mode is basically the same as MNCLA... ARCADISH

And I'm sure you know this but, you can put the traction on Sport (or lower) and with most cars, you should not have the back end break out in a slide.

The normal mode is way to unrealistic and, as stated above, you can take 90* turns at 150 like it's nothing... certainly sounds realistic doesn't it?

From my experience, the racers don't use HCm because its far harder to master and therefore uncompetitive.

It takes a while to get used to it and even then it hard to keep up with someone in Nm, mainly because they can take all corners much faster than you.

I see most people in HCm because they want to have fun and in TDU it is the closest we have to a realistic feeling in the cars... even if all of them understeer.

Ultimately it makes you a better driver because you have to plan ahead much more.

You stated that the point of supercars is to slide out the back end.

No, i meant it the other way around. They are making them for the grip.

But any car can loose grip and start sliding.

The normal mode is way to unrealistic and, as stated above, you can take 90* turns at 150 like it's nothing... certainly sounds realistic doesn't it?

I can agree that at high speeds the handling might be slightly better in HCM, but not at low speeds.

I see most people in HCm because they want to have fun and in TDU it is the closest we have to a realistic feeling in the cars...

Yes, if you are driving on pure ice.

At the end of the day, making a thread arguing about an opinion is worthless. You use normal mode because you feel it's better, we use HC mode as WE feel it's better. Points have been given from both sides and IMO, I think RX-37 is adamant that normal mode is pure win. He may be right from the advantageous side, but from the realism aspect of the game (Which is what Atari attempted to achieve with HC mode) I do think that HC mode is far superior when cruising.

Basically what they've done with HCM is they lowered the gravity so it feels like you're diving on air instead of an actual road.

I think 99.9999% of people would disagree with you on that. HCmode adds weight to cars apart from when they go over a large bump or jump.

I disagree with all of you. I agree with RX_37 though. For some odd reason, a lot of people on TDU think they're all badass when they drive and drift in HC mode. Who cares? I don't. TDU is obviously an arcade game, and the HC simulation factor that they added is a complete fail to me. I'm not a fan of driving a cool looking exotic on ice with bad brakes. I would rather want to drive a car with grip on the road then not having any at all. And some of you brag about having a G25? Okay...your point? I bet you don't even have a license yet. And go carts don't count. lol

Guest turbo lag

I agree with the OP. I find HCm quite unrealistic, and I always play TDU on the normal mode. If I want something realistic, I would simply go ahead and play something like GTR or LFS. Am I the only one who thinks the normal TDU physics are almost perfect for a semi-arcadish game?