We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My (slightly less) brand new bike

Who

ok, had it since february, and it is a bit of a dog, but i'm starting to like the bugger

and yes, the main reason this is up is because sponge is hogging the limelight :lol:

although it has taught me something:

when you're limited to a tiny engine, adding weight is never a good idea, especially when you live in a hilly area.

anyway, it's a JinLun Jl-125 (Chinese, that's why you wont have heard of it) and for a bike that had 400Miles on it, the £700 i paid is phenomenal

ofrcrd.jpg

29nusz7.jpg

2ln7llc.jpg

haha, too true.

I just found out something about it when doing some maintenance. it's never had an air filter :lol:

was checking it cause i heard that a dirty filter slows it down, and when i got to the air box i noticed that the side cover was err, not there, and there was no sponge in it, so all this time i've been running it without the air box, which explains the sound and lack of power. once it is on it'll be quieter and faster :D it only costs £20 for a brand new assembly too.

oh, and i need to tension the chain, it came off today and i had to roll into a bus stop xD

You'll think you have a new engine when you get that airbox on, mate. Trust me! I disconnected mine as I heard that it made the bike sound awesome. I took off and got about 50 metres before I said "screw this, this is crap" and put the airbox pipe back on the exhaust. Makes your bike a little bassier towards the redline, too :)

yeah, it pollutes something awful, plumes of smoke on startup =/ if i had known it was missing i would have dealt with it quicker. the bike also has emissions pipes which feed back into the air box to clean up the stuff coming from the exhaust, but they're just going into an empty box... can't wait to see it with the box

• 2 weeks later...

update again, my parts arrived this week, the new airbox doesnt do much difference performance wise, however it makes it sound alot more grunty, and the volume is more or less the same :D

replaced the sprocket from the gearbox too, lengthening the gear ratios, i have to say it's now a dream, the new chain is more sturdy, and it all just feels miles better, it's also faster at the top end (:D) and makes alot less noise (of engine losing the will to live...) when it's there