We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

H A L O 3: ODST

TimBud

I understand that this might earn me a ban or at the very least get my name abused for a while... and I apologise now for any offence I cause. :ill:

But I can't contain my excitement.

ODST is coming out in a few days and it looks (has done for quite a while now) absolutely stunning.

Its set in a huge freeroam city (New Mombassa, i think) which means you can go anywhere. Although its also very easy to get lost so the designers have provided a map in your helmet visor to hep you around. Not only that, the visor has some pretty cool modes to help direct your team as well as identify the enemy in the varying light/weather conditions.

This time around we get to play as a frontline 'grunt', rather than the MasterChief. This means we are less strong, need med packs and cannot dual wield weapons. The character is also slower, cannot jump very high and is much more susceptible to enemy fire.

This will make the game a much more tactical battle although still as intense as ever.

I've got it pre-ordered so it should arrive in a couple of days. Is anyone else here getting it. I know a few guys from here on my friends list already play H3, so send me a request on live if you fancy a play.

Don't worry about posting here, it makes no sense for more people to get in trouble ;)

EDIT: There's also a double XP weekend on the 'Rocket Race' game mode this weekend. Its a really fun mode. Message me if you want to play... so much fun.

ODST is completely stand alone twm.

Not sure whether it'll have all of the current maps but I know they're remaking some of the old classics from H A L O 1.

Edit: just got an email form game, my copy is on the way :D

Just ordered my copy. Should be here soon. If you want, I will join you in a match soon. ;)

It annoys me that Diab kicks from the friend list for playing H3, yes it's not the world's best game, yes it has a massive following that will never hear a bad word about it, and yes, the online is full of 12 year olds (sounds a bit like GT to me)

But I play it usually with 4 friends offline, because it's one of the only games that supports 4 player local (CoD4 does, but that loses some of it's value because CoD is more about stealth, and seeing screens ruins that)

if you just put it on face value for multiplayer, the maps are interesting, the guns are varied, there's a million ways to kill each other, most are vary satisfying to watch and the vehicles are implemented well.

also you have a chuffing huge hammer that lets you play human baseball.

ODST is a new game, its just set in the same 'universe' and uses the same game engine.

**** Reach will also probably use an upgraded engine but it will still be a new game.

LOL yeah, I've been deleted off that list a few times too. All good fun though, we're all friends everyone's a winner. ;)

H A L O 3: ODST

The title kind of tells you it's not a new game ;)

Mine arrives tomorrow woop!

Diab, you can delete me now if you want haha.

Yes but in interviews or some what they have said that while playing ODST it has was at the same time **** 3 is going on with masterchief.

Just at a different location and new player.

• 2 weeks later...

My pre-order copy just arrived today. God bless the crappy UAE postal service. Everytime the wind blows there's another public holiday.

Anyway first impressions are pretty decent.

The VISR mode is quite cool, but is really just a glorified torch/NVG. Nothing that new. Its meant they can put a lot of black on screen and save on framerate issues... :)

Looking forward to multiplayer though. Always love the co-op on ****

have been playing a bit more this evening.

Really love the atmosphere and on normal difficulty there's just the right amount of killing vs peace, to allow you to explore all the nooks and crannies.

I think I prefer the style of an ODST to the MC. I like that they do not recharge health/shields it makes you think much more when you encounter enemies. There's so many options to flank and find cover.