We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Dying?

EW

Do you think TDU xbox is dying? :(  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think TDU xbox is dying? :(

• Unfortunetly Yes
    • No

Do you think TDU xbox is dying?

We all love TDU wether it be on xbox or Pc.

However Tdu on xbox 360 is dying.

Since parties were brought into games there is now no need to speak to strangers and groups of "friends" keep to them self's.

Personally i miss the old day's, you'd meet some people drive thousands of miles with them, and the move on to other game's with your new friends.

I used to have 100 friends constantly making new ones, however since i got my new gamertag i only really speak to my "close" ones, thats reduced my friends list to 24 or so.

I'm going to stay out of parties for a couple of days (Unless absolutely necessary) and play TDU making new friends.

I urge everyone who reads this to do the same, you'll make new friends and bring TDU back to some sort of life.

Lets show those n00bs how its really done!!!

:thumbsup:

When I jump on TDU and I get invited to a party I decline it because I don't like them much unless you are in a game with only those people. TDU is a real social game where you can easily talk and make new mates, sure you get the usual dips who shout and spoil it sometimes but they are usually few and far between.

I'm feeling the need for some more TDU time and actually mentioned it not long ago, dunno if I'll jump on tonight but it won't be too long that's for sure.

Is it dying? No as many are still on, is it slowly getting missed by the vets and those who have been playing since the start? Yeah but that's to be expected after more than 3 years now and with not a single iota being said about a sequel then people are getting annoyed and just not wanting to really bother.

Only time will tell what's going to happen however if you intend on waiting don't as time will be flying by you so quickly you'll wonder where the hell it went!

Well god, i think you should join me tonight, if we can i wanna try and encourage the oldies, the people who were there near to the beginning to go back to it, IMO xbox live parties have slowly ruined the friend making process that made xbox so easy.

If anyone is on TDU, i'll see you on the island :D

If no one else was around I used to freeride in game chat talking to people. I used to have to delete people off of my list practically daily to make room for more. I still freeride now and then and speak to the odd person but parties have damaged the TDU atmosphere. The numbers of random people chatting has dropped noticeably. I have a lot of games and I've played a handful of them an awful lot, out of those I've made lots of online friends however those made on TDU seem to be the ones that I kept in contact with.

Freeride lacks the competitive atmosphere you get in such places as deathmatch lobby's. I put this chilled atmosphere at the forefront of why TDU is/was such a good social game. There is no winners or losers, everyone is happy.

Is it dying.. yes, in my opinion.

Kind of, less and less people are playing this game. I jump on it the odd day to have a quick cruise, and the mods on the PC version make me jump on it even more lol. But it's getting a bit... boring? I hope they release TDU2 in the near future (if they are making it)

It's still a fun game, you can have a laugh on. I have no where near completed it (well, 55%), which enforces me to play it more often.

Me myself.. still havent completed the game.. but at the same time, I cant bring myself staying on it cruising for the reason that people don't play it as much as they used too.

Still love it and willing to go on a cruise from time to time. But i truly dont think its dying fully.

I don't know if its dying, but obviously its slowed down. I play almost every day when i'm not busy or have free time, I love to cruise and Online race in it still(since i've beaten all the offline races). But IMO TDU is a one of a kind game, you get to drive over 1000 in 100s of Exotic cars with your friends for hours and hours, now to some this may get boring after awhile, but I actually still enjoy it. It would be nice if some of the "vets" came back(PC and 360) but that will most likely nevr happen anytime soon. The day the servers get shut down on the PC version(lets hope not anytime soon!) I will most likely become bored of PC gaming, because like I said TDU is a one of a kind game(Screw FUEL).

The End lol

I'll always check the strip when I play TDU, but with very little talk it does get so boring there.

There is always someone driving in the water and bouncing in a Solstice though, which is always funny. Its amazing how so few people have actually learnt to drive down there properly.

I voted for TDU dying. Its sad but its not the games fault it is the stupid partymode that has done it. For me TDU was always the best game because of its social side and in one hit M$ completely destroyed that.

I hope TDU2 is official soon because if they take too long then the next consoles will be on the horizon and the game will last even less...

If you think its dying get back on it!! If you think Partys are killing the game then don't join one - or if you are in one just tell everyone to leave and get back to good old, free roam random talk!

I vote it LIVES!

GC

Erm did you read the opening post?

I've already said all you did just then...

@Baldred you need to play TDU more then