We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ute's? What Do You think?

Jacob

Ute's Yes or No  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Ute's Yes or No

• Yes! I Love Them.
    • No! Burn Them All.

This is a poll, for the people who think car companys, Should start making cars like the El Camino again. I Know they are still making them in Austraila, but i mean in places like the U.S and Europe and Canada Etc... Just a Yes or No Question.

i Choose yes Because i absolutey love Ute's!

They were going to make a G8 "Sport Truck" in the USA but the G8 was a slow seller so they scrapped all other versions.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

The G8 was a FANTASTIC(excuse the caps) seller here in the USA. The only reason the Sport Truck never happened was because GM made the very stupid decision to cut the Pontiac brand.

I voted for the Ute's. I don't really find them useful for anything but they can look good if designers take the right approach. They also appeal to a huge demographic of people here in the states. Remeber the El Camino? Sold like wildfire.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

The G8 was a FANTASTIC(excuse the caps) seller here in the USA. The only reason the Sport Truck never happened was because GM made the very stupid decision to cut the Pontiac brand.

I voted for the Ute's. I don't really find them useful for anything but they can look good if designers take the right approach. They also appeal to a huge demographic of people here in the states. Remeber the El Camino? Sold like wildfire.

Thank you somebody finally remembers the El Camino.....Oh Wait a minute i got the idea while on xbox with you talking about utes :facepalm:. And The G8 was Cut because Pontiac ( May it rest in peace ) Was Cut. There were this close to making it, sadly they didnt. I Think everyone from north america knew that... Oh Wait Shy Guys from the Uk. Not AMERICA!!

I Think everyone from north america knew that... Oh Wait Shy Guys from the Uk. Not AMERICA!!

Where a person is from is totally independent on his knowledge on cars. Do i know anything about Singaporean cars? Nope, none, zip. But i daresay i know quite a fair bit on Europeans cars.

Just because he isn't American (Bless him) doesn't make him an idiot when it comes to American cars.

Going from your logic, shouldn't Top Gear be only about Aston Martins, Marcos, TVR and Jaguar?

I did a bit more research about the slow sales G8, it is a good car that came out on the wrong time. It didn't sell as much as GM expected.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/slow-sales-threaten-australian-built-pontiac-g8s-future.html

and the G8 ST was canceled Janruary 2009, long before Pontiac was killed.

I don't like utes much, the only ones I like are the Marina and Mini.

3148659426_4cfd331441.jpg?v=0

mini_pickup.jpg

I don't understand why people say they aren't useful - they are very useful. Perfect vehicle for tradesman and anyone needing to carry a large amount of stuff with them while still being in the comfort and safety of a sedan :)

If you hadn't noticed I voted yes :D

No, just no. They're for the sort of people from backward countries. hence why Australia is one of the very few still making them. When the rest of the world figures out how to get more than 20BHP per litre, then this sort of car will be extinct. Or atleast, I hope..

I don't understand why people say they aren't useful - they are very useful. Perfect vehicle for tradesman and anyone needing to carry a large amount of stuff with them while still being in the comfort and safety of a sedan :)

If you hadn't noticed I voted yes :D

Had one in the company I worked for over the summer, useless thing. Its a pickup with less space, so once you have all the folders of paperwork, personal safty gear, lunch ect. ect. in the cab for 2 people there is no room left for you. The transit pickup on the other hand has loads of space inside for all that and 3 people plus a bigger load area on the back. Cheaper aswell I think.

Well the main thing about Utes is that they're actually based on a car chassis, so they're still pretty car like to drive, in that they're comfortable and handle reasonably well. True, there haven't been many models to make examples of, but generally they're more desirable for private transport than proper body-on-frame pickup trucks

Well the main thing about Utes is that they're actually based on a car chassis, so they're still pretty car like to drive, in that they're comfortable and handle reasonably well. True, there haven't been many models to make examples of, but generally they're more desirable for private transport than proper body-on-frame pickup trucks

That means the only people who are going to buy them are private tradesman. Business won't buy them as there more expensive, less practicle ect. ect. Its kinda is a market but apart from in Austraila they havn't taken off as there not cool. Though by the sounds of it that top gear piece has done a lot to make them cool over here.

Personally, I think an ute would be a pretty cool car to have. I'd prefer a dedicated sports car to an ute, but I'd vastly prefer an ute to a "real" truck.

Mostly because, where I live, there are lots of obnoxious truck guys who drive big trucks they don't have any use for >_>

This project car is not only one of the coolest utes ever, but also among the coolest BMWs ever:

http://www.m5ute.com/

Oh my you have a lot to learn if you think that they are not useful. They are in fact very useful from what I have experienced, as having them on the farm was invaluable :) I guess you just have to live with one to understand what I mean. They are particularly useful for tradesmen, especially in the city where they tend to be only a part of a small business.

In a way they (utes) can be considered a practical sports vehicle that can also be used to take the motorbikes to the track (which you can do easily & in comfort). They have many other practical and fun (;)) uses as well.. They're not there to just look/pose. Plus they will last forever (like 400,000km)

And whats with people calling Australia a backwards country? Australia is 2nd in the world on the HDI (human development index - a UN study [http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/]), ahead of both many major European nations, as well as the US. So stop incorrectly referring to Australia as a backward country.