We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Call Of Duty MW2 Toughts

Judasneon

Hi All, I have had a few posts deleted on Infinty Wards forums and the You Tube forums for them..... I would like your thoughts on this Game and the way that Infinty Wards is treating the PC user:

Now this is as I see it:

IW (Infinity Ward) want to take away from the PC community the rights to:

Run Dedicated Servers...

This means, that a kid of 13 who is bound by the rules of Mummy....

can Host a game with say 8/16 people in it and mid map Mummy shouts Dinner, and so Johnny turns off his Xbox or Playstation and the rest of whoever is online in that game get kicked?

Not to mention the Lagg and high pings and warping over the screen...

So We Want Dedicated Servers Back For PC Users.

IW want to take away from the PC community the rights to:

Have Mods...

This means that they say we have to play the game as it is with no add ons, and that any Patches or Extra content (Maps) have to be paid for DLC (Downloaded Content).

OK we dont mind paying for DLC as this will keep the game Legit.

After it is played or goes online in a dedicated server there should be a variation to keep the gaming community alive.

The core program is still CODMW2, and IW/Activision still get a sale of the game.

So We Want The Right To Mod The Game.

IW want to take away from the PC community the rights to:

The right to choose where and when and who that we play with on-line, they want to put us in a server with players of the same Rank/Level.

So our freedom of choice has been lost.

So We Want To Be Able To Decide When,Where And Who We Play With On-Line & What Server.

e.g. I am in the UK, now it maybe that I have spoke to a friend in Norway on-line on Teamspeak and we have arranged to have a skirmish....

The way the new server would work is it would see what server (London) for me for the best connection and drop me in a server there.

For my friend in Norway maybe the best server there would be in Oslo, and it would put him there, now we would not be in the same server and therefor not be able to play as friends again?

There would be unreliable hosts, there would be un-sportsman like conduct in the game.

For all of us in the Gaming community we need to unite against the fatcats of industry dictating how we choose to play game.

This is not a Communistic country and we have freedom to choose.

I put this to you all:

How would the TDU community like it if all the TDU servers stated that you are not allowed any mods of any description in the servers and that you are only allowed to play against a person who has only completed 45% of it when you have completed more?

There would be hell!!!! there would be as many posts for TDU as there is for CODMW2....

I play driving sims/games and FPS games thats is it, I dont like strategy games like command and conquer or level games where you have to complete puzzles.... This is my way of relaxing and how I want to play.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK DARE I ASK WHATS YOUR VIEW?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's a PC problem. For us on consoles it's business as usual.

Only thing I would say is that host abandonment has been addressed and MW2 features the ability to pass on host rights if the host quits. It's been a widely promoted feature of MW2, I thought everyone interested in the game knew that.

You also seem quite confused on peer 2 peer match making. I have people on my XBL friends list from all over the globe. They ended up there because I met them in game. If you have a friend in Norway you can still play with them.

Do I agree with Infinity Ward? Hell no! Do I think PC users should see themselves as better than their console counterparts and deserving of more? No.

@ tWm,

Thanks for clearing the bit up about passing on host....

& No I dont think that as a PC user I am better than a person who has a XB or PS, it is my desired format that I choose to play...

As for the Pc thinking that we deserve more.... well its not that either its we have always had the option in COD4 and 5 to just search for a server and go in it, with or without mods...

Now there are alot of people that enjoy the game as it is. Hell yeah I know I do and I have played the single player missions so many times because I enjoy it, but I also enjoy the mods as we do here in TDU... and I enjoy being part of a team and playing in matches set up by the Clan.

IW has taken those options away and tried to turn the PC into a consol dont you agree?

IW has taken those options away and tried to turn the PC into a consol dont you agree?

Yes, IW are basically making it a uniform experience across platforms. Using the cheaper option as the uniform standard, predictably.

If the matchmaking (same rank/ping/etc) is as "good" as that in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, then you don't need to worry, since there really isn't any filtering whatsoever. As far as the no mods thing, my entire opinion can be summed up with the word "meh". I didn't play any modded servers in COD4 until just recently, and even then it wasn't that exciting as far as I was concerned. I really do wish that they would re-enable dedicated servers though. My gaming clan was going to make MW2 their next official game, but without the ability to make a dedicated server it looks like we are going to be official-less for a while longer :(

Hey I came upon this as I was browsing some game sites:

http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Forced-kil-civilians-Modern-Warfare-2

Looks like the "Most anticipated game of 2009" might just fall flat to "average release" only a few days before release. Apparently Activision has been scrambling to get vids of this leaked footage deleted off of as many sites as they find it on. I don't blame them for wanting to get rid of anything that would cause all those record-breaking preorders to vanish into thin air (mine and many of my friends have already been canceled because of this), but I do blame them for allowing such a scene to be mandatory in a game.

Yes I realize that killing civilians has been in other games before, but in any of those games, was it mandatory? To the best of my recollection, it wasn't.

Those were security personnel at the end

Ahh ok. Shame they have to ruin the game by including something like shooting civilians, as the graphics look amazing I do find however that the games market is fairly saturated by war games at the moment. I think the last FPS I enjoyed (and still do) was Quake III.

Ahh ok. Shame they have to ruin the game by including something like shooting civilians

Ruin? It's part of the plot. The fact is these actions are the kind of atrocities committed by terrorist factions, there is no escaping that. Turn on the TV and watch the news and you'll see it, similar scenes have been depicted in films and on television for years.

If you are of sane mind and have even the slightest morsel of intelligence you will take it for what it is, a story. Am I, you or the next man going to join Al Que Eda in light of this? No.

I'm sure the PC fraternity will use this particular incident excessively in their bitterness against IW's choice of multi-player set up, which is both sad and irrelevant.

People need to calm down and remember, it's very easy to take something out of context when not shown the context.

it's very easy to take something out of context when not shown the context.

True, and until I hear what the full context is (since the videos don't show much else than the player shooting civilians) I'm going to save my money for other things. Who knows, maybe its a sequence that you really can't do anything other than watch from first person mode (like when you were the middle-eastern president in COD4).

Hahahaha OMG the vids have been removed lol.....

COD6 was gonna sell so many to PC players it was unreal... They made a big mistake.

I am getting Battlfield 2 and until that comes out Im getting Left 4 Dead 2, as that has Dedi server support lol.

Note to IW/Activision WE WANT OUR DEDI'S BACK......

I've had enough looking at websites and reading, I've decided to give my part about this cock up.

I've been playing PC games ever since it really kicked off in a way, with Duke Nukem, Quake, Doom and the list goes on. But coming into the 20th century where games are being created out of the wood works with updated graphics, gameplay so on. It's been amazing being able to have this, and us as a PC gaming community are grateful to the Developers and creators and have brought this to us. Now I'll just sum down Infinity Ward, Call of Duty 1, amazing game when I first bought it, played the single player first like I do with all games, loved it, then the Easter Egg I had been waiting for, Multiplayer Online, Cod1 was probably one of my favorite online fps games ever, I still play it to now along with thousands of other PC gamers, with the game having dedicated servers, modding capability it was great and being such a good game is why it's still played today and is still in the Xfire top 10 games with thousands of minutes being played daily. Call of duty 2 is pretty much the same story, this is the game that hit the spot for me in the fps market loved this game, more online part mostly, such a great game with so many servers still up and running always populated by the regulars yet again with the modding community doing their thing which has kept the game going and made it even more popular by creating maps and modding the game which has brought many players to buy the game from word of mouth and wanting to experience when other people have brought to the game. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, 2 years down the line, I go on online shopping websites and still see this game with a price tag of £30, for a game which has been released 2 years ago to still maintain its released price is astonishing and an amazing achievement, and why you ask. It's simple, giving us PC community what we want and in return we give you the developers what you want. Call of Duty 4 is what it is today down to a few major things, the competitive side of the game, it has drawn in hundreds and thousands of gamers which then lead to major competitions being held which bring in more and more gamers to the community to have a piece of holding the number 1 spot on ladders, winning huge prizes, taking yours clans name and sticking it on t-shirts to sell to fans who watch players play the game, and for that to have happened it's yet again down to the modifiers of the community, the people who created hundreds of different mods some common mods would be promodlive as most people know since this is what is allowing the more experienced pc gamers to play competitively, so as you can see what I have summed up in a short story in a way I have managed to piece together, we as a community don't mean to have rants and argue over the fact that there will be no dedicated servers, as you probably know we are all annoyed and confused on why you have done this, because we are also stumped on what you have done and don't quite understand because what first came to my head after seeing this petition and signing it after 5000 signatures and seeing it today at 130,000 is the money factor behind it.

Lets just say that all of these 130,000 signatures we to cancel their pre-orders of Modern Warfare 2, lets just say the each preorder were to cost £35 as that is the most common price, lets say we put these figures together and lets just say you were too lose out on a possible 4.5 million pounds in this case, it might be a bit less or a bit more if we were to include dedicated servers costs etc.. is it really worth this. I for one recently purchased Dragon Rising, and seeing how unbelievably cocked up the online side of this game was to make me see how a great game got ruined by 1 simple problem which could easily have been bypassed by comparing other games to see how they are still alive, great example is obvious Counter Strike Source, if all games were to look up to Counter Strike Source as a hero for games to be like but to improve, I for one would love it.

more fuel on the fire...

I'm sure there's a very good reason IW have gone with dedicated servers.

Is probably so they can maintain some control of the games content and restrict piracy. And lets been honest PC gamers are not the most honest bunch (no offense, as I was once included in that stereotype), so its only understandable that dev's will take harder lines to protect their work and income... ;)

Ruin? It's part of the plot. The fact is these actions are the kind of atrocities committed by terrorist factions, there is no escaping that. Turn on the TV and watch the news and you'll see it, similar scenes have been depicted in films and on television for years.

If you are of sane mind and have even the slightest morsel of intelligence you will take it for what it is, a story. Am I, you or the next man going to join Al Que Eda in light of this? No.

I'm sure the PC fraternity will use this particular incident excessively in their bitterness against IW's choice of multi-player set up, which is both sad and irrelevant.

People need to calm down and remember, it's very easy to take something out of context when not shown the context.

I'm well aware that it's just a story in a game, and i'm sure a lot of other people are as well. It's just that some people find this sort of thing offensive anyone who's watched the news or read the papers over the years knows that people take this sort of thing far too seriously.

I for one DO NOT take games seriously at all as far as i'm concerned they are there for entertainment purposes.

And no I couldn't give a rats frak about the exclusion of multi-player, and I will be enjoying the game for the single player missions only.

People do need to calm down I agree as at the end of the day they could have just made the game for consoles only and that would have really :mad::cry: people off.

The multiplayer is going to be slightly cocked up on the consoles as well, IW playing god. My apologies if my post seemed aimed at you, it wasn't. It was directed at the mindset of people who judge without knowing the whole story. Again, I'm not accusing you of this just picking up on certain words.

As for what eleKtro said, it's hard to argue with any of it.

The excuse for doing this to prevent piracy is a load of crap, by doing this, it just going to provoke people to pirate the game. People are just going to see this as a waste of money to pay for a game which is peer to peer and just want to play the single player, so why spend £35 to play single player when they will just download it.

How ironic. The anti-piracy measures cause even more piracy, just because people want to prove a point to the developers. Please, IW, just GIVE US WHAT WE FLIPPING WANT!

Anyway, saw the trailer, of course, gameplay wise single player at least, will definitely be awesome, but plot wise, i'm not so sure. All that fighting in DC? Using an APC to shoot up a suburban house? Random planes and helis dropping out of the sky? I think that's just a bit too over-the-top for me. We'll see how it goes

p.s. black Honda Jazz/Fit on the left of the screen at 0:19 :p

http://www.tek-9.org/news/mw2_developer_chat_reveals_more_bad_news-2115.html

"Yesterday's developer chat hosted by BestBuy has revealed more bad news regarding the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, which will hit the stores in under a week from now. After Infinity Ward's new multiplayer model and their decision not to incorporate dedicated servers lead to a massive discussion across the various community forums, the results of yesterday's chat session will no doubt put more fuel on the fire.

In a community chat session with Mackey McCandlish, Ryan Lastimosa and Vince Zampella of Infinity Ward it has become apparant that there will be no console in Modern Warfare 2, stating "we would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it" when asked about the possibility to change the fov, remove perks and graphical debris and tweak the weapons for further balance.

In addition, the chat revealed that there will be no record option (for now) in MW2, nor the option to kick players out of ranked matches. Furthermore leaning will not be possible and no decisions have been made regarding mod tools, although the developers have indicated they are currently focussing on launching the game, as they are currently still working on finishing the game. This also means there are no plans for releasing a demo.

About the dedicated servers issue the developers have stated "nothing is ever off the table" and that they've seen the massive petition online. Whether they are aware of the ping problems IW.net will most likely cause is yet to be seen. The answer to a question regarding their ping during IW.net testing, "I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great (Mackey-IW)", does not sound too promising.

Some of the more interesting questions can be found below. The full transcript with pc related questions can be found (HERE).

Is there lean in PC multiplayer.

Vince-IW: No.

You said IWnet was created to help stop piracy, what do you say about the Xbox 360 version leaked and shared on torrent sites?

Vince-IW: IWnet was designed to make the MP experience on PC easier and more balanced.

Will IW ever consider developing games on the PC to support dedicated servers, be it MW2 patches or future endeavors? Just curious if dedicated servers are on the radar anymore.

Mackey-IW: Our goal is to provide the best experience for our users, so nothing is ever "off the table". We are always evaluating our options.

Hello, are you considering ever patching in mod tools for the pc to make custom maps and such?

Mackey-IW: Right now we're focused on launching our game.

(LATER ON) Vince-IW: We haven't made any decisions regarding this yet.

Has IWnet been tested in European settings? My clan plays european leagues and we got ppl from Eastern europe, UK and Sweden meeting in the same match. How is this going to play out considering siginificant differences in Bandwith and connection qualities between players. Will host player always have the ping advantage. Can a match be hosted by 'third' person, not taking part in the match?

Mackey-IW: Players do not control who hosts.

Please give me a direct answer. On the PC version. Are all games hosted by players, and is there a 5 second delay when host migration is in effect?

Vince-IW: yes.

What are the current steps being taken in regard to active blocking measures that some major ISPs have taken regarding Peer 2 Peer connections, such as what Comcast does?

Mackey-IW: Only players capable of hosting will be host.

Will there be a multiplayer PC demo shortly after release? The PC community is largely skeptical at best right now and with no ability to trade-in or rent, this is a real gamble for our wallets.

Vince-IW: No plans for a demo currently. We are still working on finishing the PC game right now (yes, I know... we need to get done!)

Since we can not kick people in ranked matches, how will we stop hackers who get past VAC?

Mackey-IW: Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.

Will the IWNET multiplayer system compensate for the undoubtly low ping that the host computer will have for the other players, or will the host have an advantage over the other players? Also, going back to clans...Is there a way to have more than 18 people in a server, because my clan has at least 100 members and we like to get 20-30 on our servers at the same time.

Mackey-IW: Games cap out at 9v9. The software has great latency tolerance. See above!

Are you aware of the petition to for dedicated servers and mods, have you taken this into acount?

Vince-IW: yes.

Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?

Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great."

What a load of crap. Why did they even bother making a PC version, since what they've made is the complete opposite of a PC version of a game. It's just and Xbox game modified to be compatible with the PC, IW can pee right off.

have u seen the new trailer?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-modern-warfare/58641

look this........JAW DROPPER

I have to say that is one of the least impresive trailers I have seen. I was thinking to my self while watching it they must be running it on a crap PC because the graphics look rubbish, and then I got my answer it was running on an Xbox :oook:.

I wish they would stick to making vids of the PC version as the few I've seen done on that have looked very impresive.