We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Modern Warfare 2 any good for PC?

mistermojo

I have it for 6 hours now. I'll tell you something, it's a good game. No matter that it's action is mostly based on explosions, screaming and blood. There are lots of weapons, the Predator missle system is a nice feature. Lots of missions and multiplayer should be awesome fun. My advice is, if you want action, special effects and atmosphere, you should definately get it. Also, graphically it's an amazing game. :)

Edit : Also, as macd79 said, don't buy it. ;)

I was going to get it straight away but I dunno after hearing all this stuff about the lack of dedicated servers, plus I'm using up nearly all my money on driving lessons.

Does anyone actually have it for PC, if so, is it any good?

Despite all the hoo-hah over the fact that the PC version is just a console port, and that IW have royally screwed us over, let's not kid ourselves shall we? Of course the SP is epic, and of course the MP is still fun, so purely as a game in itself, then yes, it deserves to be purchased, and fully deserves whatever glowing reviews it received. HOWEVER, I for one, won't buy it (i'm also trying to convince my dad not to buy it), simply as an act of defiance to IW for this act of betrayal to the PC community. Not buying it isn't the same as not playing it, of course I want to see how it goes, but I will not give IW any money, lest they see it as an OK to do this again in the future (which they probably will, but that's not the point).

• 2 weeks later...
;253564']It is very good - better, in fact - on PC. It's as good as the console version, except it has the mouse and keyboard, making gameplay much, much more precise. :)

Buy it off Steam, if you're going to.

Silly console gamers - don't know what they're missing. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Hmmmm, fanboy much?

Klick me!

Well would you look at that. Suddenly the ps3 got more precision by having an analogue stick for movement and mouse for aiming :lol:

Pwn3d:D